User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I would call it a bit of a shame too. I ran a small board once and we had only technical information not of public interest in the hidden area.

I saved the PM he sent me about the secret mod rituals and oaths. Interesting stuff.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    c/ I deleted all his PMs, and I deleted all the PMs he's ever sent out (a nifty feature that I've always wanted to try out, but never had the opportunity).
    Whether you did or not, did you have the capability to read them before you deleted them? I've always had the suspicion that the Admin could read PM's if they wanted to.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    It is a shame that the "modbox" is used as a gossip forum, apparently. That's really kinda childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I would call it a bit of a shame too. I ran a small board once and we had only technical information not of public interest in the hidden area.
    Actually it's not but hey sometimes it is. Are the madmins not allowed to vent? I think it would be far more immature and childish if it was done on the forum general than in the modbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Whether you did or not, did you have the capability to read them before you deleted them? I've always had the suspicion that the Admin could read PM's if they wanted to.
    Admins CANNOT read PMs.

But I think that flows back into the above replies. The same violation of privacy you'd feel if admins were able to read PMs is the same we feel about having our modbox conversations floating around the forum. What we say in private we expect to stay private as you expect your PMs to be.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Actually it's not but hey sometimes it is. Are the madmins not allowed to vent? I think it would be far more immature and childish if it was done on the forum general than in the modbox.
    You're right, y'all done a swell job. LOL

MBTI
    INTP

Who the hell is Zergling?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius officially has complete utter contempt for all the moderators who who have ever got banned on MBTIc and INTPc. Falcarius wants to let it be known this has nothing to do with them bringing the forums into disrepute, but rather they always bloody forgetting him. First Falcarius was just about the only regular member not to be banned by raincrow007 ( or whatever crow it was), and now Zergling doesn't even PM him any of the gossip. The only thing Falcarius ever got when someone decided to leave somewhere in a fit of rage was a asteroid and a few volcanic Plinian eruptions from Jesus.:steam:

Why do they always leave the dinosaurs out? Don't they know it is hard enough being one of the very few dinosaurs left without being subjected to the doctrinarian discrimination of the animal kingdom as it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

RUOK Mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    It is a shame that the "modbox" is used as a gossip forum, apparently. That's really kinda childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What's it matter if they do it in the modbox or in private pms or IMs? Not like anyone but the mods can read what's in the modbox, so in that sense it seems perfectly appropriate to me. If they did it in the public area of the forum, that would be different. I'm not really sure what the natures of those discussions were, so I guess technically I'll be withholding judgement, but I'm inclined to believe that as long as they don't let their personal opinions get in the way of treating members fairly and civilly, and as long as they don't publicly trash anyone, their gossiping isn't a shame.

What's really a shame is that Zergling sent those pms.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INXP

I hope whatever it was, it was sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    However, I/we felt this needed an explanation so we don't have to field numerous questions via PMs, posts, and threads.
    This approach is appreciated.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.