User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Well, based on what he sent me, we're not exactly dealing with reasonable or good people. Anyone that willingly participates in their secret activities is clearly not a good person.

I will not be attending the SF meetup, or, for that matter, any of them where any admin, mod, or otherwise is likely to attend.
    Reasonable? Good? Aren't you supposed to be a T?

Everyone understands that you're offended and probably a bit hurt by what came out in that PM. Most people would be (except me, I'd get a kick out of all the attention). You're not making things any better by getting on this soapbox. If anything, you're burning bridges and I think you'll eventually come to regret that. The best way for you to handle this would have been for you to be silent. Before you said anything, you had the sympathy of most. Now...you just sound kinda...eh, righteous indignation makes me want to

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Grr! I lost that poker game. I hit a set on the flop and another dude hit a full house. Arg.
    Hmmm, are you sure you hit a set? Or did you get trips? If someone hit a full house, that means the board paired up. That also means that you had to either have a boat or quads.

MBTI
    INXP

Oh, the irony. If we still had Zergling he could split this thread for us into the various component parts

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Thank you. Very, very nicely said.
    Or not nicely said at all, and a complete mischaracterization of people's reactions. Noah did a great job ripping up a straw man that he created himself, which really doesn't take that much effort!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Or not nicely said at all, and a complete mischaracterization of people's reactions. Noah did a great job ripping up a straw man that he created himself, which really doesn't take that much effort!
    Actually, i think what many people are failing to get is that there are multiple views here that can be valid simultaneously.

Noah can be entirely correct in what he said. That reality is operative on a particular level.

Likewise, L4BNU and others can also be correct in their view(s).

Realities overlap.

That's what makes this hard to discuss and perhaps even fruitless in some ways. Most people seem to be arguing for their view to be the exclusive view of reality here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

There is more than one wronged party here, that's what makes it so hard.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Man, I go away for one weekend and miss all the drama. I don't understand why so many people are so upset, but then, I didn't get a PM (or it was deleted first, but whatever).

Is the issue that mods were saying mean things about people, or something? Nobody can like everyone, not even mods. If that's all it was, I don't get what all the fuss is about. I guess it's good that he's banned now though; it's not acceptable to share private conversations in public.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Man, I go away for one weekend and miss all the drama. I don't understand why so many people are so upset, but then, I didn't get a PM (or it was deleted first, but whatever).

Is the issue that mods were saying mean things about people, or something? Nobody can like everyone, not even mods. If that's all it was, I don't get what all the fuss is about. I guess it's good that he's banned now though; it's not acceptable to share private conversations in public.
    That was an awesome summary of all the issues, actually.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    That was an awesome summary of all the issues, actually.
    Well something went wrong with your system, so I would hope you rearrange your methods a bit. As opposed to firing up the hug factory and waiting for the lid to be blown off as soon as another goofball feels like sending some PMs.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Appearently Noah is in the know.

Edit: To clarify, I am not bothered by what was said in the pm. It's the additional information that was given to me that I find repulsive.

Edit again. The additional information came from Zergling after the first pm. Prior to that I had no idea.
    I didn't see the PMs. I didn't get anything from Zergling. And I am not in the know about anything going on with the madmins on this forum. So take this all with, like, a boulder of salt.

I'm not exactly convinced I'd take some "additional information" from Zergling all that seriously. From an outsider's perspective, it seemed he had an axe to grind and did it pretty dramatically. Further, assuming what's said in this thread is true, he manipulated the PMs to serve his own ends.

Like I said, maybe seeing any of the PMs' content might have changed my position on the issue. I doubt it, though.

I... suppose. Yeah!