User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Have you ever encountered people online who are looking out for the Illuminati or some sort of New World Order, and they are so senseless in their paranoia, that they take explicit jokes about the Illuminati and the New World Order to be more legitimate evidence of their existence? Like, pointing out an episode of the Simpsons that dwells on the Illuminati, or the Weird Al song where she suddenly starts rambling about the Illuminati, as if these are signgs that someone like me is somehow not noticing.

It's the same thing here.
    I've only encountered an honest to God adherent of that thinking once, I mean a serious one who tried to promote David Icke's talking tours and believed the whole deal, not just many of the threads about totally unaccountable rich guys or things like those featured in Taken or Shuttle, ie people trafficking, which I think do happen.

There is a lot of confirmation bias associated with those sorts of perspectives. Personally I think Icke is on to a money spinner there.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's especially funny when the people in question spend a good chunk of their time complaining about feminists and Social Justice Warriors looking for excuses to be offended.
    Yeah but it cuts both ways, I see those types of people harking from all camps of opinion and they are almost made for one another if you know what I mean.

There is an actual need in most of them to have the other to oppose and it would throw them into a total tail spin if the "enemy", the "other" didnt act as expected or appeared to "disappear", the chaos "caused" by peace in NI among a lot of people who'd grown used to the certainties that when with the conflict and having people to hate on is one good example.

Someone had it in their signature that "what you resist, persists" and I think there's sense in that too. I think its an issue of some complexity to discuss, although I dont think there would be much mileage in discussing it here, but how would you discuss a topic of some significance without inadvertantly giving the oxygene of attention to the topic itself? Only encouraging, inadvertently, what your aim is to actively discourage it by merely mentioning it? I've thought about it this election time in the UK because immigration has become the keyword of the myriad right wing parties, the liberal left party has actually begun to talk right wing on the topic to remain credible or popular too which is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah but it cuts both ways, I see those types of people harking from all camps of opinion and they are almost made for one another if you know what I mean.

There is an actual need in most of them to have the other to oppose and it would throw them into a total tail spin if the "enemy", the "other" didnt act as expected or appeared to "disappear", the chaos "caused" by peace in NI among a lot of people who'd grown used to the certainties that when with the conflict and having people to hate on is one good example.

Someone had it in their signature that "what you resist, persists" and I think there's sense in that too. I think its an issue of some complexity to discuss, although I dont think there would be much mileage in discussing it here, but how would you discuss a topic of some significance without inadvertantly giving the oxygene of attention to the topic itself? Only encouraging, inadvertently, what your aim is to actively discourage it by merely mentioning it? I've thought about it this election time in the UK because immigration has become the keyword of the myriad right wing parties, the liberal left party has actually begun to talk right wing on the topic to remain credible or popular too which is depressing.
    Hate gives us meaning.

Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Well, I have nothing to do with the Illuminati or the alien lizard race that rules the planet *winks*

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Some people are just looking for excuses to be offended. The fact that the cause of their outrage is a joke is immaterial.
    I'm offended that you're not offending that they're offended because @skyisblue
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm offended that you're not offending that they're offended because skyisblue
    I'm offended you're offended. How dare you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    Well, I have nothing to do with the Illuminati or the alien lizard race that rules the planet *winks*
    I, for one, welcome our new extraterrestrial reptilian overlords.
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I'm offended you're offended. How dare you.
    I actually got offended the other day that an insult failed to insult me. I was like if you're gonna try at least succeed or don't try at all
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes BadOctopus, Ghost liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I actually got offended the other day that an insult failed to insult me. I was like if you're gonna try at least succeed or don't try at all
    Oh, how awful. I'm offended on your behalf too.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Where is what's-his-face who took the thread so seriously?