User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Taylor Swift looks like shit without her makeup.
    Legs for days, though.
    Likes BluRoses, Wind Up Rex liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I really thought I made the OP ridiculous enough that nobody would actually be "fooled," but it looks like I underestimated a few people's capacity for believing in straw feminists. Still, it warms my heart that most people did get it and played along. I had fun. I guess I should have put a trigger warning on the post, though.
    Have you ever encountered people online who are looking out for the Illuminati or some sort of New World Order, and they are so senseless in their paranoia, that they take explicit jokes about the Illuminati and the New World Order to be more legitimate evidence of their existence? Like, pointing out an episode of the Simpsons that dwells on the Illuminati, or the Weird Al song where she suddenly starts rambling about the Illuminati, as if these are signgs that someone like me is somehow not noticing.

It's the same thing here.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    The OP here is self-righteous and pontificating; all too typical fare for its poster. Smugness is literally oozing from many of the following comments.

Contemporary feminism needs a facelift, and badly. All I see are entitled, pampered women and their playthings whining about how they and "all women" supposedly suffer. Cry me a fucking river. They'll really suffer when daddy cuts the allowance, and how ironic that will be.

There are many legitimate feminist issues, but these do not include (to start at the most laughable) "mansplaining" and making boys play with dolls. While the feminists post nonsense on Tumblr, on the other side of the city women are being beaten up and raped in the streets, but that is an issue your average feminist just will not touch as too many rapists aren't white.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes ceecee, Ingrid in grids, Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I said, "Why not just change a few usernames? Hide a few Easter eggs around the site? Ban a few made-up members, like Spirit of Insanity and Ghost of Christmas Family Gatherings? what if we just make this INFP Central for the day and create individual subforums for every INFP on the site?"

I said, "What if someone actually takes this silly thread seriously?"

Now look: We have a honeypot for the Illuminati.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Ivy, BluRoses, Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Have you ever encountered people online who are looking out for the Illuminati or some sort of New World Order, and they are so senseless in their paranoia, that they take explicit jokes about the Illuminati and the New World Order to be more legitimate evidence of their existence? Like, pointing out an episode of the Simpsons that dwells on the Illuminati, or the Weird Al song where she suddenly starts rambling about the Illuminati, as if these are signgs that someone like me is somehow not noticing.

It's the same thing here.
    It's similar to this: Literally Unbelievable

And it follows this law: Poe's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I said, "Why not just change a few usernames? Hide a few Easter eggs around the site? Ban a few made-up members, like Spirit of Insanity and Ghost of Christmas Family Gatherings? what if we just make this INFP Central for the day and create individual subforums for every INFP on the site?"

I said, "What if someone actually takes this silly thread seriously?"

Now look: We have a honeypot for the Illuminati.

Too early Jennifer. I am sure there are members here who still miss INFPglobalchatter. That place was fine.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Some people are just looking for excuses to be offended. The fact that the cause of their outrage is a joke is immaterial.
    Likes Hard, BluRoses liked this post

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Some people are just looking for excuses to be offended. The fact that the cause of their outrage is a joke is immaterial.
    It's especially funny when the people in question spend a good chunk of their time complaining about feminists and Social Justice Warriors looking for excuses to be offended.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Lol, the irony.
    That's just the sort of thing I was thinking about there, didnt need to wait long for someone to illustrate my point.

Then again, maybe I knew that.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I really thought I made the OP ridiculous enough that nobody would actually be "fooled," but it looks like I underestimated a few people's capacity for believing in straw feminists. Still, it warms my heart that most people did get it and played along. I had fun. I guess I should have put a trigger warning on the post, though.
    I dont know why anyone would have taken it seriously, it was April Fools so I expected something, also I thought it was a split off from that other thread in any case and it had sort of taken a turn for the absurd anyway, suggesting that any rational calculators would forego marriage or even dating because of feminism.

Which if its even serious, and I've no idea you meet some strange people online, sounds more like closet homosexuality or mysogyny than it does any protest about feminism.