First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Would like INTJ-ESFP as I have a fair bit to say about that. I also find it a way superior pairing over the glorified ENFP-INTJ pairing.
    Added these just now

INTJ and ESFP Relationships
    ESTJ and ENFJ Relationships
    INTP and ISFP Relationships
    ENTP and ESFP Relationships
    INFP and ISTP Relationships

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    In what way is it glorified? My best friend is an ENFP, and we really do bring out the best in each other.

If anything, it's the intuition vs. sensing conflict that causes the most problems between differing types.
    Actually, no. The problem lies in Ne vs Ni, which, if the ENFP is properly typed, is going to become noticeable very fast. Se doms are much better fit to work with Ni doms. Socionics duality ftw. A lot of ESFPs mistype as ENFPs though, because they have "quick" minds and such. I think that is another source of confusion.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!
    Likes Alea_iacta_est liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Actually, no. The problem lies in Ne vs Ni, which, if the ENFP is properly typed, is going to become noticeable very fast. Se doms are much better fit to work with Ni doms. Socionics duality ftw. A lot of ESFPs mistype as ENFPs though, because they have "quick" minds and such. I think that is another source of confusion.
    Hmm. In my experience, Se/Ni can be very frustrating. I tend to have a love/hate relationship with ESFPs. Our differences initially attract us to each other, but ultimately our communication styles are incompatible. Invariably, we end up boring each other. I get tired of their need for small talk, and they have no patience for my hare-brained theories. Also, they see me as insensitive and cold, and I see them as frivolous and overly emotional.

But that's just my viewpoint. I'm sure the dichotomy works for some people.
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Hmm. In my experience, Se/Ni can be very frustrating. I tend to have a love/hate relationship with ESFPs. Our differences initially attract us to each other, but ultimately our communication styles are incompatible. Invariably, we end up boring each other. I get tired of their need for small talk, and they have no patience for my hare-brained theories. Also, they see me as insensitive and cold, and I see them as frivolous and overly emotional.

Are you sure those are ESFPs and not say, ESFJs? I find that a lot of people confuse these two types. Take Will Smith for example, almost universally typed as an ESFP on most places online, though he's actually an ESFJ. This becomes obvious when you analyze his values and outlook on life a little closer which matches what in socionics is referred to as the alpha quadra and represents that he values Ne/Si and Ti/Fe. Personally, I've yet to run across a single xSFP that I at least cognitively, do not click or understand or cannot communicate with. ISFPs are a little tougher than ESFPs though, because Fi makes them more keen to hold higher standards and expectations and I sometimes feel like I try very hard to impress them with my knowledge and always falling a little short because I'm not a Te dom which is what they are ultimately looking for, but I understand them well enough and they likely understand me well enough, too. Older ISFPs are easier to deal with, likely because they appreciate Ni a little better.

Asuka, from NGE, is a great example of an ESFP in fiction:

ESFPs are forceful, fiery, direct, willful, know what they want, have a keen sense of social appropriateness etc. That is, when you type them off cognition and not based on MBTI stereotypes that make ESFPs sound more like cognitive ESFJs than SeFi. Other two examples, that I can think of from the top of my head, include Nero from Devil May Cry 4 and Midna from Twilight Princess:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

ESFPs are forceful, fiery, direct, willful, know what they want, have a keen sense of social appropriateness etc. That is, when you type them off cognition and not based on MBTI stereotypes that make ESFPs sound more like cognitive ESFJs than SeFi.
    I didn't think I was stereotyping. I was just relating my real-life experiences with ESFPs I've known -- who are indeed ESFPs, yes. But thanks?

Also, I cannot stand Asuka or Midna. So there's that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I didn't think I was stereotyping. I was just relating my real-life experiences with ESFPs I've known -- who are indeed ESFPs, yes. But thanks?

Also, I cannot stand Asuka or Midna. So there's that.
    Interesting. Well, Midna, she was an initial turn-off mostly because she's an asshole, but there's a difference liking a person based on their personality compared to their cognition, though.

Socionics
    ILI

I don't think those are SEEs. SEEs are often hilariously insensitive. The emotions you'll see out of them are focused entirely on people's characters, and they tend to not hesitate to let people know what they think of them.
    Likes Entropic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I don't think those are SEEs. SEEs are often hilariously insensitive. The emotions you'll see out of them are focused entirely on people's characters, and they tend to not hesitate to let people know what they think of them.
    "Insensitive" was probably poor word choice. Maybe I should have said "unsympathetic".

Which I'm not, really. I just suck at showing sympathy, and Feeling types are often hurt by my apparent lack of caring.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    INTJs aren't usually fond of gathering data.

What are you upto Highlander, do you have too many copies of that book you want to get rid of?
    @riva -- I think you need to tilt your head to one side and smack yourself smartly on the upward facing-ear; apparently your mind is experiencing a logjam which needs clearing.

Of *COURSE* INTJS collect data: on a relationship candidate...(and more when they're an SO).

Oh! You meant -- the contest itself acted as gathering data, not just "this is where INTJs can do a core dump of the data they've gathered."

Consider yourself pardoned.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I assumed this was an attempt to launch highlander's MBTI breeding program.
    How else are we to produce the Kwisatz Hederach; capable of all eight functions simultaneously?
    “Brighter, now brighter, pay no mind to those who squint, burn with all your heat.”