123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Typology Central Wiki

The Wiki is up and running. There should be a link to it from the home page soon but in the meantime, you can access it from this link.

The way that it works is if you are a forum member, you have automatic rights to edit the Wiki. We implemented a single sign-on plugin so that you don't need a separate userID and password to access it. If you look at it and don't see edit rights, just click on login in the upper right corner and it will log you in without asking for another userID and password.

It uses WikiMedia, which is the software that Wikipedia is built on. It doesn't allow for it yet, but it will support the posting of video content in addition to text.

The next question is what to put out there. We have to start with some kind of outline. I'm not good at creating outlines. When I was a kid, my teachers would ask us to create an outline before we wrote something and I always hated that . Some kind of structure would be good though or we could end up with a big mess.

I was thinking that we could initially populate it with some of the content from the type description subforums and videos from the video library (integrated together). I put a shell of an outline out there for now. It is super easy to change this.

Anyway, please take a look and if you could please provide feedback on two things, it would be very helpful.
    1. What should we put out there?
    2. Do you have any ideas on how to organize it? What should the outline be?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes riva, Sanjuro liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

a question... ok, probably several questions and observations and general being disagreeable (hey, don't they say do what you're good at?)

is there going to be any criticism for the system and it's uses... like actual, thought out, with numbers behind it criticism? it's easier to take things seriously if you get more than one view of it

how about theory and explanations for WHY things are set up the way that they are?

will there be pictures? (this is important... very important)

how about links to the different tests... and in that case how would we agree as to which tests are the best to link?

Probably the easiest way to organize it would be if you gave a basic overview of personality theory and the different systems used and a brief differentiation between them (similarities and differences and uses) and then break it down by different personality typing systems... personally I'd put the test for it on the page for that personality type so that people can keep things more streamlined in their browsing... people are most interested in their own type, so putting the information that people would look at first would probably be practical, then proceeding onto the deeper and more theoretical views once they are already interested

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    a question... ok, probably several questions and observations and general being disagreeable (hey, don't they say do what you're good at?)

is there going to be any criticism for the system and it's uses... like actual, thought out, with numbers behind it criticism? it's easier to take things seriously if you get more than one view of it

how about theory and explanations for WHY things are set up the way that they are?

will there be pictures? (this is important... very important)

how about links to the different tests... and in that case how would we agree as to which tests are the best to link?

Probably the easiest way to organize it would be if you gave a basic overview of personality theory and the different systems used and a brief differentiation between them (similarities and differences and uses) and then break it down by different personality typing systems... personally I'd put the test for it on the page for that personality type so that people can keep things more streamlined in their browsing... people are most interested in their own type, so putting the information that people would look at first would probably be practical, then proceeding onto the deeper and more theoretical views once they are already interested

Good suggestions on how to organize.

I agree that pictures are important. Images can be added. We are installing an extension to support Video. That should be up and running later today.

I like the idea of the critique part and the tests as well.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Good suggestions on how to organize.

I agree that pictures are important. Images can be added. We are installing an extension to support Video. That should be up and running later today.

I like the idea of the critique part and the tests as well.
    as for videos, why don't you get site members to make them? you'll get something a bit different than anything else on the internet with the added bonus of making it more relevant to belonging to this site... there are a lot of talented members on here, after all

I mean, if we're to be doing the word part, why not the video part as well?

and thanks
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    as for videos, why don't you get site members to make them? you'll get something a bit different than anything else on the internet with the added bonus of making it more relevant to belonging to this site... there are a lot of talented members on here, after all

I mean, if we're to be doing the word part, why not the video part as well?

and thanks
    Sure - of course members can do videos. That's a great idea.

Tri-type 639

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Sorry if this suggestion is too specific.

You could have a section on common, ongoing MBTI controversies and debates. I'm talking about a basic outline of the points raised by someone semi-objective and unbiased who can create a balanced and realistic view. It doesn't have to be detailed - I just think we need something to reference so that when new members come along and kick the hornets nest, they can understand the history of this stuff and gain a realistic view on it. For example if you get a newbie spouting anti-S nonsense, it spares the rest of us having to explain how wrong and stupid that is a hundred times over.

I guess what I'm saying is, it would be nice if there was a section about the kinds of type discourse is out there. There's plenty of information on MBTI and enneagram but nowhere do you get an outline of how people view and talk about the theory. It might, for example, help give clarity to those typing themselves to know common misconceptions and wrong-headed arguments that go on so they can avoid them.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

For anyone who attempts to access it, the link to the Wiki is down right now. There is an issue with enabling Video that we are getting resolved.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Sorry if this suggestion is too specific.

You could have a section on common, ongoing MBTI controversies and debates. I'm talking about a basic outline of the points raised by someone semi-objective and unbiased who can create a balanced and realistic view. It doesn't have to be detailed - I just think we need something to reference so that when new members come along and kick the hornets nest, they can understand the history of this stuff and gain a realistic view on it. For example if you get a newbie spouting anti-S nonsense, it spares the rest of us having to explain how wrong and stupid that is a hundred times over.

I guess what I'm saying is, it would be nice if there was a section about the kinds of type discourse is out there. There's plenty of information on MBTI and enneagram but nowhere do you get an outline of how people view and talk about the theory. It might, for example, help give clarity to those typing themselves to know common misconceptions and wrong-headed arguments that go on so they can avoid them.
    That is an interesting idea. I like it a lot. Maybe some kind of Q&A on key topics of discussion. The question is how to break that up. What buckets of issues would there be?

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Oh man. I'll have to put a pin in this idea until after my exam, but I'd be willing to help organize some information for ideas people are throwing out there. I was fantastic at writing outlines.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes highlander liked this post

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That is an interesting idea. I like it a lot. Maybe some kind of Q&A on key topics of discussion. The question is how to break that up. What buckets of issues would there be?
    Common issues:
    - Anti-S bias
    - Fe vs Fi debate - common misunderstandings that exist between the two
    - Feeling=emotion misconception
    - When typing certain types show similarities that seem unintuitive at first (eg. ENFP and INFJ)
    - Tendencies in Enneagram to test certain ways based on desire and how appealing they sound (eg. e4 or Sx) and not others (eg. e6 or So)
    - Enneagram typing and confusion caused by integration and/or instinctual variants (eg. Sp and e5 being similar)
    - Unpleasant stereotyping about particular MBTI types (eg. ESFPs are stupid, ISTJs are conformist, NTJs are evil, ESFJs are manipulative)

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there's many more...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes Chanaynay, highlander, /DG/, N/A liked this post