User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w0 sx
    Socionics
    duno

i like the idea of a onestop typology shop. Ive been interested for years but the info available on the net is either years old amd in forum type (ie. not always substantiated proof) or then about a zillion ways of explaining the same ten basic strengths and weaknesses of each type.

Im still new enough to here to have not explored fully, but if nothing else, i am good at reserching. I dont want our wiki page to be just a discription of mbti types, eneagrams types amd or socionic types.

from a big picture perspective, id like to see it described not just what the various tests are, but how they can be used in conjunction with each other to learn about the WHOLE personality of the person. by this i mean that yeah im intj, but in some situations i may appear as a different type. i would want that sort of thing pointed out. i would want a blurb, perhaps in part of the introduction, suggesting differemt reasons why someone would want to use our info, and perhaps ways to actually do so.

a very rough outline could be first page: introduction and welcome.
    then a list of various typology methods. each typology method would be its own category. on first wiki page would be a description of the method and link to tests. the title of the typology would itself be a link that is clickable. once clicked, would find a spot that hosts results, pertinent topics, books to read. (each of these sub-categories would be a clickable link too; perhaps a brief description of what sorts of things they will find once they click the link, as opposed to just a plain old blue link after blue link. that gets to be very eyewearying). the focus i feel should be on the pertinent topics and places to get more info.

my issue of course, is that so much of what ive found in relation to pertinent topics, centers around opinion more than proof. IF we can weed our pertinent topics down to things that have citeable evidence, id be pleased as a pickle. after all, if my assumptions are correct, the wiki page is meant to present the facts, not duplicate the peer discussing that happens here persay. we want to draw folks into typology and selfawareness, not confuse the hecknout of them by mudying up perfectly clean drinking water
    Active, successful natures shun the dictum 'Know Thyself' and follow the commamdment 'Will Thyself' ~nietzsche

"Willing is the intj's evolutionary consequence of Knowing present and future as the everpresent livestream of yesterminute." ~reg~
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The Wiki is up and running. There should be a link to it from the home page soon but in the meantime, you can access it from this link.

The way that it works is if you are a forum member, you have automatic rights to edit the Wiki. We implemented a single sign-on plugin so that you don't need a separate userID and password to access it. If you look at it and don't see edit rights, just click on login in the upper right corner and it will log you in without asking for another userID and password.

It uses WikiMedia, which is the software that Wikipedia is built on. It doesn't allow for it yet, but it will support the posting of video content in addition to text.

The next question is what to put out there. We have to start with some kind of outline. I'm not good at creating outlines. When I was a kid, my teachers would ask us to create an outline before we wrote something and I always hated that . Some kind of structure would be good though or we could end up with a big mess.

I was thinking that we could initially populate it with some of the content from the type description subforums and videos from the video library (integrated together). I put a shell of an outline out there for now. It is super easy to change this.

Anyway, please take a look and if you could please provide feedback on two things, it would be very helpful.
    1. What should we put out there?
    2. Do you have any ideas on how to organize it? What should the outline be?
    1) Mon. March 2, 2014, link in your post is broken:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/typology/public_html/wiki/extensions/EmbedVideo/EmbedVideo.php on line 22

Several thoughts on organization, and a couple on logistics / housekeeping / politics.

1) IF the Wiki is currently set up as in the upper right of the TypC Home Page (remember, the link isn't working for me...!),
    then we're going to run out of room quickly, if we have each of the several systems with links to each of the "permutations" within that system, spatially underneath
    that header on the page.

2) Will there be an overarching directory of the systems currently discussed or "material pending"?

3) Do we want to enforce a standardized template for the "contents" of each system as it is filled in?
    e.g.

Section 1 -- name of system
    Section 2 -- historical origin, developers
    Section 3 -- layout of "ideas which comprise system"
    Section 4 -- tests related to system / links to tests / % of population under each category under this system
    Section 5 -- videos related to system
    Section 6 -- detractors from system
    Section 7 -- links to discussion of system on TypC; links to related systems within Wiki
    Section 8 -- bibliography

Are the TypC mods going to default to being mods of the Wiki? Will the Wiki Mod role be by acclamation, nomination to existing Wiki mods, or "(sigh) *I'll do it..."

Will there be a mechanism to flag dead, outdated, or broken links?

Who will moderate controversies and religious wars (similar to Microsoft vs. Apple food fights)?

Will there be a threshold for "importance" of the system to prevent a lot of sparsely-populated content?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.
    Likes ~ReggieRebel~ liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

For anyone who attempts to access it, the link to the Wiki is down right now. There is an issue with enabling Video that we are getting resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    1) Mon. March 2, 2014, link in your post is broken:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/typology/public_html/wiki/extensions/EmbedVideo/EmbedVideo.php on line 22

Responding quickly on this point - the Video extension to MediaWiki seems to need an upgraded version of PHP. That's why there is a broken link. I had hoped to have an upgrade done last night but it didn't happen. It's rescheduled for 10pm central tonight.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

1) IF the Wiki is currently set up as in the upper right of the TypC Home Page (remember, the link isn't working for me...!),
    then we're going to run out of room quickly, if we have each of the several systems with links to each of the "permutations" within that system, spatially underneath
    that header on the page.

2) Will there be an overarching directory of the systems currently discussed or "material pending"?
    This will be clearer when you see what it looks like. Think a miniature version of Wikipedia with images and videos specific to typology. That is exactly what it will be. The home page will only have a link to it.

3) Do we want to enforce a standardized template for the "contents" of each system as it is filled in?
    e.g.

Section 1 -- name of system
    Section 2 -- historical origin, developers
    Section 3 -- layout of "ideas which comprise system"
    Section 4 -- tests related to system / links to tests / % of population under each category under this system
    Section 5 -- videos related to system
    Section 6 -- detractors from system
    Section 7 -- links to discussion of system on TypC; links to related systems within Wiki
    Section 8 -- bibliography
    Those are good ideas. Though it might be hard to structure every entry exactly that, way these are all important points or elements to be covered in the Wiki I think.

Are the TypC mods going to default to being mods of the Wiki? Will the Wiki Mod role be by acclamation, nomination to existing Wiki mods, or "(sigh) *I'll do it..."
    I don't see the current mods being the default. It is probably someone (s) that have a passion for helping to maintain and support such a thing.

Will there be a mechanism to flag dead, outdated, or broken links?
    Good question. I do get reporting on some of this now but generally don't act on it. I wonder if there is something more customized for Mediawiki.

Who will moderate controversies and religious wars (similar to Microsoft vs. Apple food fights)?

Will there be a threshold for "importance" of the system to prevent a lot of sparsely-populated content?
    Good questions and food for thought . Not sure.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Your second good deed, highlander.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I worry about the veracity of the information that will be posted up. Lots of misconceptions and a lot of theory crafters will be attracted.

I'll reserve opinion though until things go up. If it's not painful to read I'll happily help out but I'd rather not play than have to combat a multitude in my spare time.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes Z Buck McFate liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I worry about the veracity of the information that will be posted up. Lots of misconceptions and a lot of theory crafters will be attracted.
    If there is to be a final judge on what stays and what goes, I suggest @Seymour (provided he wants to and has the time).
    Likes Z Buck McFate liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If there is to be a final judge on what stays and what goes, I suggest @Seymour (provided he wants to and has the time).
    Thanks (I think?) for the nomination. I can't claim any special insight, but I'd be willing to help. I think there would need to be more than a single person, since I have my own biases and blindspots, too. Still, I'd be happy to help edit and help with writing overviews (and I find the theory and models interesting as topics.. so that much would be a plus). I'm probably not an ideal watchdog for the longer term, since I suffer from the perceiver's curse of paying variable levels of attention over time. Even at work, I should be spending more time on code reviews and giving negative feedback than I actually do.

Addendum: I also think there are some existing posts that others have made that are pretty close to being decent wiki pages, already. Perhaps folks could keep their eyes open for likely pages and nominate them (assuming the authors are willing).
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

We have the link on the front page but you still get the error when you click on it. When it does start functioning (tomorrow presumably), you'll notice there is a shell out there. Last weekend, I developed a straw-man outline, populated the Enneagram profile descriptions and wrote up the intro to Typology.

Tri-type 639

your resident asshole

We have the link on the front page but you still get the error when you click on it. When it does start functioning (tomorrow presumably), you'll notice there is a shell out there. Last weekend, I developed a straw-man outline, populated the Enneagram profile descriptions and wrote up the intro to Typology.
    Not sure if the link was supposed to be fixed with the update, but it still gives an error.