User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    A place that gives a second chances in a wise manner is a place of love.
    You're not going to start singing Kumbaya are you?

Stories of redemption stir our souls. And our very own thread tells us that we have The Banned and the Damned. We damn some to exile. Imagine if we had an amnesty for the damned. It would be like bringing them back from the dead. It would be the return of the Prodigal Son.

Forgiveness blesses the giver and the receiver.

I'd just like to say THANK YOU for unbanning me. I plan on doing my upmost best to make sure that you all don't regret this decision. Thanks again guys, you're the best.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yes, there are people I'd rather not have to hear from ever again
    There are also a lot of real shitheads that seem to have left on their own accord. Almost as good as a banning, but there's less paperwork involved.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Also that you believe you can or should frame what the thread topic does and does not include. Interesting.
    Highlander framed the thread topic in the OP. Note the thread title. If you wish to discuss some other aspect of forum moderation, please start a new feedback thread, or PM a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I appreciate your intent, but to be fair a reversed permaban is like a seventeenth chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I haven't been here long, so a little clarification would be appreciated. How is a decision to permaban a member made? Is it a three-strikes (or however many) policy? From what I've seen, there are members who have been tempbanned numerous times, and then when the ban is lifted, they immediately start up with the same shenanigans that got them banned in the first place. At what point do the mods decide that they've given them enough second, third, fourth chances and ban them for good?

Or does tempbanning have less to do with the number of previous bans, and more to do with the severity of the infraction itself?
    It has to do with quantity and severity. Actions of extreme severity, e.g. credible threats of violence to anyone, can result in an immediate permaban. Actions of lesser severity can result in permaban if the member makes no attempt to adjust his/her behavior despite repeated infractions and progressively longer tempbans. We are trying to reduce the time constant of this process and make it less drawn out while still giving members plenty of chances to figure out how to participate within the rules. This is why we changed the policy in favor of shorter bans issued after two infractions rather than three. So, on the whole people probably get fewer chances overall before permaban is even considered, but they are put on notice much earlier that they need to adjust their behavior. Some members developed a track record of problems before most of the current mods were on duty, and as jscrothers notes, some of these self-eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    There are also a lot of real shitheads that seem to have left on their own accord. Almost as good as a banning, but there's less paperwork involved.
    On the other hand, they are free to return at any time.

can we petition that people's permabans NOT be removed for an equal measure?
    No, but you are free to report actions of a formerly permabanned member, just as with any member.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

yes, there are people I'd rather not have to hear from ever again
    That reminds me -- @highlander, @Coriolis, @Jennifer (I *think* I saw you were a mod), @Ivy (ditto),

(no offense, I'm only trying to *PING* a couple people whom I believe to be mods...) --

are there any plans to build an "ignore" switch? It might prevent some of the food fights.

Please consider this remark *rescinded* if it has already been discussed ad infinitum.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    are there any plans to build an "ignore" switch? It might prevent some of the food fights.
    Isn't there already one? Under profile settings.

That reminds me -- @highlander, @Coriolis, @Jennifer (I *think* I saw you were a mod), @Ivy (ditto),

(no offense, I'm only trying to *PING* a couple people whom I believe to be mods...) --

Please consider this remark *rescinded* if it has already been discussed ad infinitum.
    I think there already is one. I recently had to use it for the first time, but it doesn't work well enough. I'd prefer not to even have to see the userid's anywhere.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I think there already is one. I recently had to use it for the first time, but it doesn't work well enough. I'd prefer not to even have to see the userid's anywhere.
    Thanks!
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That reminds me -- highlander, Coriolis, Jennifer (I *think* I saw you were a mod), Ivy (ditto),
    Yes, Ivy and I are admins.

There's an Ignore list as a standard part of vBulletin. You will still see Quotes by other members of the Ignored person, but it blocks a lot of other things. it can prove useful if there's someone you already know you don't want to deal with.

you can edit it on your settings page:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/usercp.php

EDIT: Thanks for helping him out, anyone who posted something.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft