User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 128

  1. #31
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, I remember.

    BananaTrombones contributed on a variety of topics and it was a shame to see him go; but the reality is that you and he didn't get along, and he eventually decided to leave in part because of that and in part for some personal reasons. So you won; appreciate that and move on. This thread topic doesn't include dredging up past grudges you might be holding against long-absent members.
    Oh yeah I miss him (or her) too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'll be honest with you too, that there's members who I know will exploit any apparent weakening or relaxation of rules to launch a shock and awe posting campaign in the knowledge that afterwards they could simply play a "bad day" card when enough time has passed perhaps forgetting has done its part too.

    If you check threads from long ago, I mean a real long time ago, there's some good information there which I suspect has been forgotten or is ill remembered, just because it was so long ago, about individuals wanting to be banned, people deliberately escalating and breaking rules etc.

    Also, I said this before but it was also a longer time ago, I joined this forum something like a full year before I choose to participate regularly, the reason was that the place was the kind of place that anyone joining its stay was nasty, brutish and short. Even when things appeared to have sufficiently changed in order to want to participate I remember some posters whose content didnt amount to much other than accusing others of being closet homosexuals, like banana trombones, I'm not sure people remember stuff like that because they're probably not as interested in individual and group dynamics as me but you know.
    Behold the ENTJ who is weirdly concerned about group and individual dynamics who is definitely not a hell-going evil faggot.
    .

  2. #32
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, I remember.

    BananaTrombones contributed on a variety of topics and it was a shame to see him go; but the reality is that you and he didn't get along, and he eventually decided to leave in part because of that and in part for some personal reasons. So you won; appreciate that and move on. This thread topic doesn't include dredging up past grudges you might be holding against long-absent members.
    That's interesting that you would see it as a matter of "winning", I never felt there was any contest with the guy at all, he was rude and nasty for no reason at all with someone he'd have had no reason to and I think he behaved as he did simply because he could and no one would call him on it.

    Also you think I was dredging up past grudges and holding them against long absent members, that's interesting, noticing things about you all the time Jennnifer when you post things like this. And remembering them. Also that you believe you can or should frame what the thread topic does and does not include. Interesting.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Oh yeah I miss him (or her) too.



    Behold the ENTJ who is weirdly concerned about group and individual dynamics who is definitely not a hell-going evil faggot.
    I'm just going to wait for someone to remember the rules of the forum about this kind of thing and fairly introduce them to this poster.

    I know its not the sort of thing I'd imagine was fair or justified if I saw it happening in relation to someone else, whatever I may or may not feel about them in particular.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    In any case I think the best and the brightest of posters I met on this forum are here no longer and its not because they were perma banned, I'm also not sure what would entice them back once more and there's little thought given to that, certainly less than how to circumvent the rules now that there's been a changing of the guard and their feelings about whoever fucked up enough to get banned in past are going to set the tone instead.

  5. #35
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    A permaban has half the word 'permanent' in it, and is intended to be so. In addition to the principle, we've already decided to let someone back who took pictures of members without their approval and then distributed them and hinted they were using said pictures to pose as another forum member on a dating website. Seems like one of the better instances for bending the rules.

    Stay classy, TypoC.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  6. #36
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    A permaban has half the word 'permanent' in it, and is intended to be so. In addition to the principle, we've already decided to let someone back who took pictures of members without their approval and then distributed them and hinted they were using said pictures to pose as another forum member on a dating website. Seems like one of the better instances for bending the rules.

    Stay classy, TypoC.
    + 1,000,000,000,000,000

    Obviously you are wrong, the victim of this person's trolling wouldn't mind him being unbanned. It was only their picture being used on a freaking dating site.
    .

  7. #37
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I suppose you can look at it in terms of a burden of proof. With a long tempban, the member is automatically readmitted at the end. With a permaban reversal, the member must make a very convincing case for being allowed back.
    That makes sense. Looks like it's also on the same page as highlander's thoughts -- the whole "appeal process" thing.

    That makes me see this whole thing as even less of a big deal.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  8. #38
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    A place that gives a second chances in a wise manner is a place of love. It is a safe harbor for the good spirit.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    A place that gives a second chances in a wise manner is a place of love. It is a safe harbor for the good spirit.
    Good spirits don't get permabanned in the first place.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    A place that gives a second chances in a wise manner is a place of love. It is a safe harbor for the good spirit.
    I appreciate your intent, but to be fair a reversed permaban is like a seventeenth chance.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. Reversing Self-Neglect - Have You Done It?
    By Gloriana in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 07:41 PM
  2. [MBTItm] So I did the MBTI test in reverse....
    By BlackOp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM
  3. What are the different effects of reversed process pairs?
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
  4. Reverse Introductory Thread
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO