User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we have both a like and a dislike button?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just the "like" button please

17 62.96%
  • We should have both "like" and "dislike" buttons

10 37.04%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Dislike feature will be missed dearly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    sorry I was gone for about a year there...

so after a quick glance over everything comparing what's on which page here's what I've got

the first section of the FAQ is titled New Member Resources, which lists the exact same things that are on the New Member Resources page... if the links are clicked they take you to the rest of the New Member Resources page section on that topic

the rest of the FAQ just goes a bit more in depth on the topics such as feedback and posting

the first section of both sections includes a link to the rules page

would it be possible to just take the New Member Resources page, add the links to the pages that go a bit more in depth to the bottom of each section as options to delve into a bit deeper and just start it all out with the rules, since both end up linking there straight off anyway?
    But you're looking at exactly the same page I think. You can just get to it from multiple places.

Is it that confusing?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    But you're looking at exactly the same page I think. You can just get to it from multiple places.

Is it that confusing?
    the layouts were different on the different pages

if the links to the things that were in the New Member Resources section at the top of the page of the FAQ section (accessed by clicking on FAQ) are clicked on, they take you right over to the New Member Resources page (which has the same layout the page you get when you click on the New Member Resources thing at the top of the page)

I just went through them a couple of times when I was making notes to make sure that I had everything right...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

It seems logical to me, @highlander.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

@highlander

also, when you click on the rules link in the FAQ it takes you to the rules section of the New Member Resources page... which contains a link to the rules page

sorry...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@highlander

also, when you click on the rules link in the FAQ it takes you to the rules section of the New Member Resources page... which contains a link to the rules page

sorry...
    I'm afraid I'm horribly confused on what the problem is (generally). I think there is a little bit of redundancy between the FAQ sections and the new members resources section at the top. Some of that FAQ content can't be edited.

The thing you mention there is an intro to the site rules. The FAQ links to them.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm afraid I'm horribly confused on what the problem is (generally). I think there is a little bit of redundancy between the FAQ sections and the new members resources section at the top. Some of that FAQ content can't be edited.

The thing you mention there is an intro to the site rules. The FAQ links to them.
    went back and rechecked the FAQ link... it takes to the section of the New Member Resources page on the rules, which links to the Rules page. there's no link on the FAQ page that takes you directly to the Rules page as far as I could find and I clicked on a lot of things.

and why can't things be changed? the first whole section is just expounded upon as the New Member Resources page

sorry for being critical here... you asked so I'm just making sure that I've done a thorough job

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

went back and rechecked the FAQ link... it takes to the section of the New Member Resources page on the rules, which links to the Rules page. there's no link on the FAQ page that takes you directly to the Rules page as far as I could find and I clicked on a lot of things.

and why can't things be changed? the first whole section is just expounded upon as the New Member Resources page

sorry for being critical here... you asked so I'm just making sure that I've done a thorough job
    I don't know. Some things can be edited and other things can't. It prevented me from making some changes but we can always try. I can also have the developer look at things. I just need specifics.

On your point above,

If you click on the FAQ

Then click on Site rules and reporting posts/messages that violate those rules

Then see the blue word here in the text in the first paragraph.

It is at the end of this sentence

"Our forum is designed to promote a general tone of open, honest and respectful debate, even with occasional strong conflict, as well as having an environment of inclusion and openness. To support that environment, we have developed a set of rules for members to abide by. The rules for participating in TypologyCentral.Com can be found here. "

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't know. Some things can be edited and other things can't. It prevented me from making some changes but we can always try. I can also have the developer look at things. I just need specifics.

On your point above,

If you click on the FAQ

Then click on Site rules and reporting posts/messages that violate those rules

Then see the blue word here in the text in the first paragraph.

It is at the end of this sentence

"Our forum is designed to promote a general tone of open, honest and respectful debate, even with occasional strong conflict, as well as having an environment of inclusion and openness. To support that environment, we have developed a set of rules for members to abide by. The rules for participating in TypologyCentral.Com can be found here. "
    when you click on the things in the first section of the FAQ it takes you to the New Member Resources page... which is where the "here" is that links to the Rules page... it just seems a bit excessive to me

consolidating things so that there's fewer clicks (or none) to get to the information in question would be a good thing if it's possible

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

when you click on the things in the first section of the FAQ it takes you to the New Member Resources page... which is where the "here" is that links to the Rules page... it just seems a bit excessive to me

consolidating things so that there's fewer clicks (or none) to get to the information in question would be a good thing if it's possible
    We could take that paragraph out and put it in the rules but the idea is to remind people that there are rules and to go ahead and read them. So having it in two places sort of has a purpose.

Tri-type 639