User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we have both a like and a dislike button?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just the "like" button please

    17 62.96%
  • We should have both "like" and "dislike" buttons

    10 37.04%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 104

  1. #21
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    I suppose there's not a way to avoid seeing any of them? they clutter things up and give even more options of things I might accidently click while browsing on my cellphone

    seriously... I don't want someone thinking that I like what they said when they are being an idiot because that would be so TRAGIC!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #22
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I'm personally not against this per se, but my experience in the past on forums have taught me that this system tends to censor people who are afraid of being judged when their opinion differs (regardless of the validation of said opinion), whilest actual trolls and the like that tends to be disuptive, whom the system is inherently designed to counteract, are naturally inclined not to give a damn.

    edit: Basicly what I'm saying is, this system doesn't seem to have any practical benefit whatsoever.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  3. #23
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,189

    Default

    The header's ("Post Thanks / Like") purple background within every post is pretty damn distracting. It's worth just.. I don't know, bolding the text rather than placing it under a header.

    oh my god there's a tally of how many post likes and dislikes one has given and received? .. and also there's a 'dislike post' function in the first place Yeah, those are both Godawful.


    I do understand that the plugin still needs to be configured. So when configuring, I would suggest nixing the popularity contest that follows one around via their sidebox, making the whole shebang less distracting, and getting rid of the 'dislike' stuff.


    I have to say, though; clicking 'Like' on a post is even easier than leaving an empty rep.
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 09-15-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: combined posts
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  4. #24
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm personally not against this per se, but my experience in the past on forums have taught me that this system tends to censor people who are afraid of being judged when their opinion differs (regardless of the validation of said opinion), whilest actual trolls and the like that tends to be disuptive, whom the system is inherently designed to counteract, are naturally inclined not to give a damn.

    edit: Basicly what I'm saying is, this system doesn't seem to have any practical benefit whatsoever.
    This is what I mean by 'like whoring'. Thank you for explaining that.

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    The header's ("Post Thanks / Like") purple background within every post is pretty damn distracting. It's worth just.. I don't know, bolding the text rather than placing it under a header.
    Ditto!

  5. #25
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Just to point it out, pretty much the arguments seem like a rehash of the arguments made in the other 2-3 threads about the topic over the last year.

    Highlander rolled it out now, so I think that at least if there is feedback on the presentation and functionality itself (cluttery, visually distracting, aspects of the functionality that don't seem useful), that would be very helpful.

    I know I also typically use grayfolio and my feedback comes from that template, so people using the other templates should definitely provide feedback on how it looks and functions in those. I would like to see it become a little more "invisible" myself in terms of buttons and text and whatever else.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

  6. #26
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Just to point it out, pretty much the arguments seem like a rehash of the arguments made in the other 2-3 threads about the topic over the last year.

    Highlander rolled it out now, so I think that at least if there is feedback on the presentation and functionality itself (cluttery, visually distracting, aspects of the functionality that don't seem useful), that would be very helpful.

    I know I also typically use grayfolio and my feedback comes from that template, so people using the other templates should definitely provide feedback on how it looks and functions in those. I would like to see it become a little more "invisible" myself in terms of buttons and text and whatever else.
    Yeah it's not neccesarily a bad thing to at least roll it out and try it out.

    I just hope it doesn't negatively influences good but shy peoples freedom of speech, and if anyone feels pressured in refraining from giving out their opinion on the basis of this very plugin, I hope they at least be open about that.

    I use grayfolio as well. I've not found it to be particularly cluttering myself though, but I'm not a particularly sensory person anyway. I tend to focus on what I want to focus and automatically block everything else out anyway. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

  7. #27
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I know I also typically use grayfolio and my feedback comes from that template, so people using the other templates should definitely provide feedback on how it looks and functions in those.
    Here's my take on the default:
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

  8. #28
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    To encourage more interaction between members
    First you people make new options which discourage interaction between members, and now you claim you're trying to encourage more interaction between members. I admire consistency. Good job.

  9. #29
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    First you people make new options which discourage interaction between members, and now you claim you're trying to encourage more interaction between members. I admire consistency. Good job.
    There are many types of interactions, some may be discouraged whilest others may be encouraged.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #30
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    There are many types of interactions, some may be discouraged whilest others may be encouraged.
    Kumbaya, baby.

Similar Threads

  1. Post pictures that you really like
    By BlackCat in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 11:45 PM
  2. [SJ] I'd like to advance a wild generalisation: SJs hate metal
    By Mort Belfry in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 04:13 AM
  3. I'm posting like a madman...
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
  4. Replies: 175
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 10:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO