123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Missing Posts Problem & Duplicate Posts

We continue to have this problem with missing posts on occasion. Here is a post describing the problem. We also have had an issue with double posting as well, which is also a script/code issue.

The hosting provider seems to feel that both of these issues are caused by one of our mods and have recommended that we shut them off one by one to see if it fixes the problem. Starting now, I'm going to begin doing that. Most of it will be completely transparent to you. Some of it may result in a temporary loss of certain site functionality while that mod is off.

Please let me know every instance of this happening so that I can tell if turning off the mod fixes the problem. You can post a comment here, report a post to the modbox, in the bugs and glitches thread, or whatever you prefer. Please just mention/reference me directly in the communication.

Thank you in advance for helping.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Actually, if someone can find a thread that doesn't work and if you can work with me for 15 minutes while I turn the mods on and off, that might allow us to quickly isolate what mod is the problem.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

if I come across it ill message you.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

We'll close the offending thread temporarily while it's being diagnosed.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    We continue to have this problem with missing posts on occasion. Here is a post describing the problem. We also have had an issue with double posting as well, which is also a script/code issue.

The hosting provider seems to feel that both of these issues are caused by one of our mods and have recommended that we shut them off one by one to see if it fixes the problem. Starting now, I'm going to begin doing that. Most of it will be completely transparent to you. Some of it may result in a temporary loss of certain site functionality while that mod is off.

Please let me know every instance of this happening so that I can tell if turning off the mod fixes the problem. You can post a comment here, report a post to the modbox, in the bugs and glitches thread, or whatever you prefer. Please just mention/reference me directly in the communication.

Thank you in advance for helping.
    Yikes. Just for a moment I thought you meant shutting off *moderators* (shudders).
    Cluelessness gone now, I get it...
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

We found one of the offending threads and locked it. It's being analyzed.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

On the missing posts problem:

We've tried a bunch of things since isolating one of the problematic threads and have traced it (we think) to some software that was installed by the hosting provider in early March to address some security concerns they identified and that existed prior to the hosting provider switch. That software was removed and our threads have been rebuilt. The one thread we isolated now works properly. The bottom line is that I hope this is finally fixed.

However, if it recurs, please report it immediately so that we can lock the thread and further diagnose.

With respect to duplicate posts:

There have been several things implemented here too. Duplicate posts has been a problem on and off for years on our forum and is common issue for VBulletin forums. Again, hopefully we have implemented enough measures that this will happen with much less frequency. If that turns out not to be true, please let us know.

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

It just happened in the "What are you listening to?" thread. 2:48.
    I posted a Led Zeppelin video and despite the post showing up in Live New Posts with my name, if you click on it, the post is missing from the thread.

Edit: It finally appeared in the thread.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Apparently still not fixed. I'm going back to disabling the mods one at a time.

Tri-type 639