User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Not to be a complete ass, but the forum worked better before you tried to fix it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Last night, I shut off one of our mods that's used for user registration of all things. We've had it forever but it was recently upgraded to a new version, which could be causing the problem. The site seems to run noticeably faster now, which is interesting.

Please report any missing posts issues and also if you're seeing the performance improvements that I'm seeing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

There are still threads in which posts do not show up until someone else has posted in them. This is one, but there are more.

Is my memory failing me or did this whole phenomenon start when you turned off the VSA Advanced Forum Statistics? In any case, I have not experienced the speed boost it was supposed to achieve either.

Edit: Here is another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There are still threads in which posts do not show up until someone else has posted in them. This is one, but there are more.

Is my memory failing me or did this whole phenomenon start when you turned off the VSA Advanced Forum Statistics? In any case, I have not experienced the speed boost it was supposed to achieve either.
    The loadup time after first login has improved on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    The loadup time after first login has improved on my side.
    Let me rephrase my impression: When it is working, the loading time may indeed be better, but it is not seldom that a page takes minutes to load, which is actually rather new.

Let me rephrase my impression: When it is working, the loading time may indeed be better, but it is not seldom that a page takes minutes to load, which is actually rather new.
    It happens on my side from time to time yet I don't know if it has something to do with specific threads or a specific timing (when some periodic addon has become temporarily active in the server).

It happens on my side from time to time yet I don't know if it has something to do with specific threads or a specific timing (when some periodic addon has become temporarily active in the server).
    @highlander

Abogiven reply of mine for instance took 11 seconds to display some leave this page or stay on this page window. I clicked on leave the page and waited for another 50 seconds but it went into a loop and didn't bring me to the thread view so I had to close that specific tab on my browser and reclick the thread.

When I got in the thread I saw that my reply was posted in the thread.

There have been several occasions like this, and I recall this kind of behaviour happening since I first joined the forum in 2013 December. It's like a hiccup.

@highlander

Just three minutes before this post, I clicked subscribed thread button and it hanged once more (went into a loop). Could this have something to do with server refusing some members connections from time to time, causing a loop, or would it rather display can't load page or something like that on said members' side in such a case?

It's like it's trying to conclude the operation yet somehow fails. Did something particular happen on serves about 3-4 minutes before this post?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Edit: Here is another thread.
    Thanks for reporting that thread. It actually started right after we did two things. First, we upgraded 6 mods to new versions. Second, we installed the test system. It's been happening ever since. We have been shutting off one mod at a time to figure out which one might be causing it. Removing mods shouldn't cause a problem. It's only adding ones that likely does.

@highlander

Abogiven reply of mine for instance took 11 seconds to display some leave this page or stay on this page window. I clicked on leave the page and waited for another 50 seconds but it went into a loop and didn't bring me to the thread view so I had to close that specific tab on my browser and reclick the thread.

When I got in the thread I saw that my reply was posted in the thread.

There have been several occasions like this, and I recall this kind of behaviour happening since I first joined the forum in 2013 December. It's like a hiccup.
    I think this is something different. My current guess is that there is a batch process that slows the system down once an hour. It seems the worst a few minutes before the hour. Please confirm if that it what you observe (or not).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I just disabled a couple more mods, including the new Youtube profile mod - and am rebuilding threads. Eventually, turning off one of these should work. We just have to keep turning them off one by one and see if the problem recurs.

Tri-type 639