User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Revised Policy On Bans

After much thought and discussion on the matter and feedback from the membership, we have come to a determination that our banning policy should change. Our previous policy was that a member would receive an automatic ban after three infractions within a six month period. At that point, the member would generally receive a ban of two months or longer. The change in policy is that an automatic ban will go in effect after the second infraction within six month period, but the ban will be shorter. So generally, we are changing our policy in favor of shorter bans more quickly to help manage those situations where a member is breaking the rules. These shorter bans will generally be in the range of 1 - 4 weeks, and will not result in a "clean slate" upon return. Further infractions for a similar offense as the ban, after return from one, will result in an immediate ban, with escalating ban length. We will still issue longer bans, including permabans, when necessary (including when behavior continues after shorter bans); but we are hoping they will be needed less frequently. If a member already has two infractions, they'll be "grandfathered," meaning that they will be treated as if they only have one infraction.

Please note that this is a general rule of thumb and there will be exceptions, which will be made at the discretion of the madmin staff.

Of course, the vast majority of you never get any infractions and we don't expect that to change. This only impacts the small number of posters that have consistent difficulty following the site rules.

The new policy goes into effect on June 8th.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

o ok ok ok so I have one infraction? or I have 2? I'm really confused. don't tell me. well am I getting banned?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I support this .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    o ok ok ok so I have one infraction? or I have 2? I'm really confused. don't tell me. well am I getting banned?
    The user profile shows information on warnings, infractions, history, whether or not they are expired, etc.

Nobody is getting banned based on existing status. It's a new policy moving forward.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yep - to be precise, people who have 1 infraction or 2 infractions now will be treated the same after June 8 - neither will be immediately banned, but the next infraction for both groups will be a ban. Probably a fairly short one as highlander said, but it'll be dependent on your history and how bad the offence is.

You should be able to see how many infractions you have (and their expiry) by clicking on the "infractions" tab in your profile (if you have one - I think if you have none you don't have a tab). You get a PM automatically when you're infracted so you're unlikely to miss it.
    -end of thread-