User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 52

  1. #21
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Thank God we have a black and white thinker in EJCC.

    Of course black and white thinking is not PC, but as we perceive by making distinctions, we know EJCC will see clearly.

  2. #22
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Wait, what's this carbon nano tube doing up my butt?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #23
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Well, we have to get reelected somehow.

  4. #24
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wait, what's this carbon nano tube doing up my butt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Well, we have to get reelected somehow.
    TMI
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  5. #25
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wait, what's this carbon nano tube doing up my butt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Well, we have to get reelected somehow.
    No one told me about this when I accepted the mod position!

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    ETA: did Jennifer edit and comment his posts?
    Jennifer did not perform any mod action on him or his posts. Like Ivy said, she abstained on this.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #26
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,628

    Default

    I'm feeling a little frustrated inside because I'm wanting to make a point (that I've been trying to make since last Sept or so and failing miserably)...that has nothing to do with the actual/specific people in the example I just jumped on. I wish I could take the individuals out of the equation but I can't and so unless I can think of a way to say what I want to say in the next few hours or so...I'll just drop it...Again.

    And just to be clear...other than Ivy...Jennifer has been the most helpful admin in my experience here. As far as I'm concerned she never stopped being a mod...and this is demonstrated in the fact I continued to go to her concerning various issues because I knew I would get immediate, thoughtful assistance. And I've appreciated this so much.

  7. #27
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm feeling a little frustrated inside because I'm wanting to make a point (that I've been trying to make since last Sept or so and failing miserably)...that has nothing to do with the actual/specific people in the example I just jumped on. I wish I could take the individuals out of the equation but I can't and so unless I can think of a way to say what I want to say in the next few hours or so...I'll just drop it...Again.

    And just to be clear...other than Ivy...Jennifer has been the most helpful admin in my experience here. As far as I'm concerned she never stopped being a mod...and this is demonstrated in the fact I continued to go to her concerning various issues because I knew I would get immediate, thoughtful assistance. And I've appreciated this so much.
    With your last post about not feeling good about this site, you weren't particularly arguementative, but no one would expect someone who tries to convey a feeling they have about something to be accompanied with an essay of relevant information. You still raised an interesting point. And whilest in contrast to the specific example mentioned, I think the feeling conveyed was wrongfully putting reality in a bad light, there is no need for you to take that as some kind of defeat and once again retreat.

    I think I know exactly what's bothering you. Though of course I am going to jump to a couple of assumptions here and could be wrong, but hear me out.

    There has been a number of small skirmishes and misunderstandings on this site. Now, they've always been present of course as on a forum where everyone speaks their own language, this is bound to happen. But what's more is that added to that there's an eplosive amount of discussion present about those skirmishes. This did not use to be the case. There was a clash, people moved on. But at some point it started to become a topic of conversation. Whilest it is sort of relevant to psychology, the intention of this forum is surely not the complete and utter scrutinization of every single bit of forum drama that pops up. It fogs the forum up and waters down the real substance behind it all.

    This is bound to make people become wary and distrustful of their environment. Nobody enjoys being in a place where everything is being scrutinized. It's counter-intuitive and yeah, probably an ENFP's worst nightmare.

    If you relate to this and my assumptions about your feelings were correct or at least close to being correct, I'd urge you to see the fog for what it really is. It's almost completely empty and void of any form of substance, so try to ignore it and instead focus on the real substance behind the fog. The actual topics of typologycentral.com.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #28
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    With your last post about not feeling good about this site, you weren't particularly arguementative, but no one would expect someone who tries to convey a feeling they have about something to be accompanied with an essay of relevant information. You still raised an interesting point. And whilest in contrast to the specific example mentioned, I think the feeling conveyed was wrongfully putting reality in a bad light, there is no need for you to take that as some kind of defeat and once again retreat.

    I think I know exactly what's bothering you. Though of course I am going to jump to a couple of assumptions here and could be wrong, but hear me out.

    There has been a number of small skirmishes and misunderstandings on this site. Now, they've always been present of course as on a forum where everyone speaks their own language, this is bound to happen. But what's more is that added to that there's an eplosive amount of discussion present about those skirmishes. This did not use to be the case. There was a clash, people moved on. But at some point it started to become a topic of conversation. Whilest it is sort of relevant to psychology, the intention of this forum is surely not the complete and utter scrutinization of every single bit of forum drama that pops up. It fogs the forum up and waters down the real substance behind it all.

    This is bound to make people become wary and distrustful of their environment. Nobody enjoys being in a place where everything is being scrutinized. It's counter-intuitive and yeah, probably an ENFP's worst nightmare.

    If you relate to this and my assumptions about your feelings were correct or at least close to being correct, I'd urge you to see the fog for what it really is. It's almost completely empty and void of any form of substance, so try to ignore it and instead focus on the real substance behind the fog. The actual topics of typologycentral.com.
    Unless if with the fog removed, there isn't much substance left at all throughout the forum anymore, beyond fluffy banter
    .
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  9. #29
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Unless if with the fog removed, there isn't much substance left at all throughout the forum anymore, beyond fluffy banter.
    That's entirely up to the members.

    If there's a lack of substance, make it.

    A shift from spending all this energy on all the drama, and pouring it back into the actual forum might be the best possible solution.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #30
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Congrats, @EJCC.

    Welcome back, @Jennifer. I don't think I ever considered you anything but a mod, and I think I mistakenly PMed you about something, thinking you were still a mod.

Similar Threads

  1. The Oedipus Complex and a Change of Heart
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 09:20 PM
  2. Suggestions for new fines, charges and other changes for the sake of common sense.
    By Xander in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 06:35 AM
  3. What is the point of the MBTI?
    By Dufresne in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:37 AM
  4. Envy: one of the darkest emotions?
    By Maverick in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO