User Tag List

First 56789 Last

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The previous icons did that too, there would be an arrow over the icon if I already posted in a thread- was that only on the default skin maybe? People keep bringing it up like it's a new feature, but it was already there.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So far:

I like the vent status. It isn't at all distracting because it's in the general list of things on that side already and you even need to scroll down to see it.

I like the IDEA of being able to see if I've already posted in a thread or not. That part of the avatar icons is really cool--especially convenient when old threads are revived. I've been known to post in a thread I forgot about posting in already. I don't really like the pictures being on the left.. if they could be on the right of the title and info, I'd be cool with the pictures. I'd also be down for the threads just showing up in different colors: A slightly different blue if I've posted in there before, or something like that.. I don't know how possible that is, but I think it'd be a convenient and less distracting way of doing things. The avatars aren't suuuper annoying.. and it is different.. but I honestly don't love them right off the bat. I am willing to keep them if the "you've posted in this thread before" icon is the only way to see that.

Is there a way of putting these icons to the right of the titles? There is a space after the "title" icon slot, that has "replies/views" that universally down the row the same size and empty enough to accommodate the icons. I also feel it'd be enough separation gap to not distract the eyes so much as I've pretty much already ignored the information on that side until I read a thread title I desire. I know exactly nothing about programming though..

Things I personally have noticed lately that I've wanted to address for a while:

- The search function is still just awful. I can know, for sure, that a thread will be titled "Kyu is an awesome person" and type any of those words and get handful of threads that have none of those words anywhere near the title. If I want a thread right now, I literally have to recall who I saw post in there last, and try to conjure it up that way.. and I've found myself unnecessarily replying to threads just to "mark" it so I can go back and read it later. I even made up a game about what kind of words I use to conjure up threads--and it's really off the wall and out there.

- When I view a thread on my phone, for example, from the new posts thing.. it just disappears. So if I'm browsing on my phone in school, and open up a thread and think "Ooh, cool, i'll just reply to that later when I get home.."... I don't really use the actual forums to navigate here--I mainly use "new posts" function + "latest posts by x member" functions to retrieve forum threads. This would also be relieved by a search function that actually picked up key words.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

I don't like the pictures next to the thread titles. Why don't we turn the whole forum into a stained glass window, and get guidence from the sun?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I am getting used to the thread avatars (though they still do not serve any useful purpose for me than eye candy)... however, despite setting a profile pic, the small portrait in the avatar for the threads I alread posted remains empty... isn't it supposed to show my profile photo?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I like them
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    The previous icons did that too, there would be an arrow over the icon if I already posted in a thread- was that only on the default skin maybe? People keep bringing it up like it's a new feature, but it was already there.
    are we talking about the same thing?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    are we talking about the same thing?
    The thread icons weren't tiny avis- I think they were envelopes? I can't even remember what the icons were, but I remember there being an arrow overlapping the icon to indicate that I'd already posted in a thread- exactly in the same way our own avis are imposed over the op's avi icon.

eta: and yes- the circled thing in the picture, that's what I'm referring to.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    The thread icons weren't tiny avis- I think they were envelopes? I can't even remember what the icons were, but I remember there being an arrow overlapping the icon to indicate that I'd already posted in a thread- exactly in the same way our own avis are imposed over the op's avi icon.

eta: and yes- the circled thing in the picture, that's what I'm referring to.
    yes the pictures weren't there before. Oh yes the arrow was there before. I thought you were saying the picture was
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    - The search function is still just awful. I can know, for sure, that a thread will be titled "Kyu is an awesome person" and type any of those words and get handful of threads that have none of those words anywhere near the title. If I want a thread right now, I literally have to recall who I saw post in there last, and try to conjure it up that way.. and I've found myself unnecessarily replying to threads just to "mark" it so I can go back and read it later. I even made up a game about what kind of words I use to conjure up threads--and it's really off the wall and out there.
    Have you tried clicking on the option at the bottom that searches for specific posts?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    - When I view a thread on my phone, for example, from the new posts thing.. it just disappears. So if I'm browsing on my phone in school, and open up a thread and think "Ooh, cool, i'll just reply to that later when I get home.."... I don't really use the actual forums to navigate here--I mainly use "new posts" function + "latest posts by x member" functions to retrieve forum threads. This would also be relieved by a search function that actually picked up key words.
    What interface or skin are you using from your phone? Tapatalk? Mobile forum skin? Default or Greyfolio?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

This looks like shit now.