eliminate the thread avatars

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    A vote would be good. If the vote turns out in favor of thread avatars, making them optional would be greatly appreciated. I'm no programmer, but from what you posted, it looks like that could be very easily done?
    That's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If there's a vote, it should not simply be yes or no, but also include strength of opinion.

I.e., "strongly against" "mildly against" "dont care" "mildly in favor" "strongly in favor"

Or some such setup (I think five options is best, tho)
    Ok. I think maybe some options on what parts of it to turn off or on might be good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Is it possible to get vent status on greyfolio
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I assumed he would be doing that

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    A vote would be good. If the vote turns out in favor of thread avatars, making them optional would be greatly appreciated. I'm no programmer, but from what you posted, it looks like that could be very easily done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If there's a vote, it should not simply be yes or no, but also include strength of opinion.

I.e., "strongly against" "mildly against" "dont care" "mildly in favor" "strongly in favor"

Or some such setup (I think five options is best, tho)
    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Is it possible to get vent status on greyfolio
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This might help answer some questions. A couple of these things are configurable.

Notes
    • Icons are cropped (but never stretched) to be square for display.
    • Threads with no new posts have the avatar slightly greyed out.
    • Locked threads will have a lock image overlayed.
    • Soft-deleted threads will have a red X image overlayed.
    • If the member posted in the thread, they will see a mini version of their avatar overlayed.
    • If a thread is "hot", the shadow of the icon will change color.

On the configurable point, as an example:
    "Hot" is configured to 150 views or more or 30 posts. If either of those thresholds are hit, there is a blue shadow around the outside of he avatar. Those numbers can be changed or that feature can be turned off.
    On those features above, I just turned off the "hot thread" option. The reason is that it doesn't really show threads that are "hot". It just puts a shadow around the avatar of threads with a certain amount of activity, so old threads with a lot of views for example will show as "hot". Let me know if you think it is less clutter with this turned off.

There are a couple of points I want to raise on this mod. First, I think it is important to encourage people to start threads. The nice thing I like about this is that it gives a little bit of visual recognition to the member who started the thread. I am also thinking that the visual cue triggering the thought, "X started this thread - it might be good", could be a helpful bit of information as well. Finally, it shows you quickly if you posted in that thread at some point in time.

Again, I'll post a poll on it this weekend and we can act on the feedback.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    There are a couple of points I want to raise on this mod. First, I think it is important to encourage people to start threads. The nice thing I like about this is that it gives a little bit of visual recognition to the member who started the thread. I am also thinking that the visual cue triggering the thought, "X started this thread - it might be good", could be a helpful bit of information as well. Finally, it shows you quickly if you posted in that thread at some point in time.
    The name of the OP already appears below the thread title, and is more reliable given the small, fuzzy images and the fact that people change their avatars even more often than their names.

If we want to give recognition to members, better to add a "member of the week" box to the homepage, sort of like the current Random Member/Random Image, but with a link to a brief bio or statement of interests by the member (all voluntary, of course). Sort of like an opportunity to re-introduce people.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The name of the OP already appears below the thread title, and is more reliable given the small, fuzzy images and the fact that people change their avatars even more often than their names.

If we want to give recognition to members, better to add a "member of the week" box to the homepage, sort of like the current Random Member/Random Image, but with a link to a brief bio or statement of interests by the member (all voluntary, of course). Sort of like an opportunity to re-introduce people.

Seriously, member of the week is an interesting idea.

Tri-type 639

So, ah, how do I turn this shit off?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Another fan.

It's something that could be implemented but is not in place at this moment.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

K, ive decided i like it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    K, ive decided i like it
    Great, the witch likes it.

figsfiggyfigs

I like the avatars tell you when you've posted in a thread without having to search or hover over the thread link. /lazy