Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    He'll also be implementing the Thread Avatars mod . It shows the avatar of a poster that starts a thread next to the thread rather than the generic envelope.
    I saw this thread before. I don't really have any suggestions or anything, so I didn't respond. Cause I didn't want to bring the party down...

I mean...I can adapt and get used to anything, but if you really want my input...I don't like the way this looks.

There are a couple bigger things that I'd like him to do but we need to develop specifications on what we want.

Article/Video Publishing this, this or this? .
    And these make me feel like I'm being advertised something with all the pics and stuff. But again.. I can adapt.

Live Video Webcasts - The idea here would be to have a place on the forum where we can host live video webcasts/podcasts. I would like for part of the screen to show video – say with one person interviewing another. The other part of the screen would display a chat window or discussion thread related to the video podcast in progress, where members would be allowed to post questions or add comments. If anyone has an interest helping us to set this up or working on that sort of thing, please let me know.
    This sounds kool.

Edit: As long as everything looks organized I'm good.

Those pages just remind me of the "Article" section from here...http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php ...not really my style I guess...
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    The avatars of the thread starters in the subscribed threads thing is too cluttered and PerCy, IMO.
    I agree entirely. Plus they represent the actual avatars rather poorly - too foggy/cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm down to keep it for 3 days before we jettison it, tho.

I've been annoyed with every facebook overhaul at first, too, only to not be able to envision it any other way not too long thereafter
    Brainwashing, pure and simple. Don't drink the koolaid. At. All.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree entirely. Plus they represent the actual avatars rather poorly - too foggy/cloudy.

Brainwashing, pure and simple. Don't drink the koolaid. At. All.
    Yeah, I'm concerned that giving it any leeway may be opening a door to it staying, and that that could be problematic, but...

At least, if we really don't like it, three days will give us enough time to really appreciate when we go back to the envelopes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I believe the foggy/hazy ones are for the threads you have already read and the more vivid/colorful ones are the ones that you haven't read.

Let's give it some time.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

The more I look at this thread avatars mod, the more I hate it. I can't concentrate on the thread titles because there's so much visual noise.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This might help answer some questions. A couple of these things are configurable.

Notes
    • Icons are cropped (but never stretched) to be square for display.
    • Threads with no new posts have the avatar slightly greyed out.
    • Locked threads will have a lock image overlayed.
    • Soft-deleted threads will have a red X image overlayed.
    • If the member posted in the thread, they will see a mini version of their avatar overlayed.
    • If a thread is "hot", the shadow of the icon will change color.

On the configurable point, as an example:
    "Hot" is configured to 150 views or more or 30 posts. If either of those thresholds are hit, there is a blue shadow around the outside of he avatar. Those numbers can be changed or that feature can be turned off.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I also agree about the tread avatars. It's messy and distracting. I'm all for a clean, minimalist style.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    The more I look at this thread avatars mod, the more I hate it. I can't concentrate on the thread titles because there's so much visual noise.
    God, honestly, I'm starting to feel the same way.

The avatar symbols take up way more mental space than they're worth.

My eye goes to the stupid, unnecessary avatar symbol, rather than the thread and who posted.

It also adds a layer of "whose avatar is that?", as opposed to just their name, which is very easy to see in the standard view.

I am pretty certain, as I was when this idea was originally thrown out there, that this is an absolutely unnecessary and bad idea.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm pro getting used to it.

It's like a haircut - I never like it at first coz it just looks weird/different.

Tbh, I never really was a fan of the 'design' of TypeC so I think it can use a bit of colour or some aesthetics. Not saying that this will do it, but it might be a step in the right direction.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

@highlander

I think the thread avatars is distracting too, and they do not serve a real purpose other than notifying us about the starter of the thread am I right?

We need more "iconic\symbolic" buttons rather than text based buttons... like those in "Google chrome" or something... Some kind of "minimalist" design that focuses on simplicity and ease of use rather than eye-candy...

I appreciate the effort though, just giving feedback...