User Tag List

First 12345 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I hate to be a stick in the mud here, but the OP gives me horrible visions of studios using focus groups to air sitcoms and crap like that.

Mainly, what is the primary attraction of growth of membership?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I trust there will be at least a few members willing to work with a rather loosely determined instruction set.
    C'mon there are already too many ready to follow instructions.

Following instructions is banal.

To see the banality of evil click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-rnFLnu2jg

Following instructions is suitable for training.

So do we wish to remain a training site or do we wish aim for the next level?

Training is banal and boring, whereas critical thinking is exciting.

Critical thinking is also dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    one thing I've encountered, is if i click through to typeC from the google search results it always goes to an ad site, unless i deliberately click 'forum'.

It's entirely possible that the issue is with the work computer, however, as the owner of this store doesn't even have antivirus stuff installed on it. but thought id mention it anyway
    Can we put Typology Central at the top of the Google Search List?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Can we put Typology Central at the top of the Google Search List?
    I'll tell Google to get on that right away.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'll tell Google to get on that right away.
    Perhaps there are techniques we can use to give Typology Central a higher profile on Google.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Perhaps there are techniques we can use to give Typology Central a higher profile on Google.
    I believe there are. It is another good point for discussion.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by FLD View Post
    This morning I saw the thread on "Developing the Inferior" and wanted to comment at some length on the video. But it would have taken at least an hour or two to write (MBTI posts tend to run long), and that's a considerable investment of time. And probably no one would respond. So I blew it off. MBTI discussion at this website tends to be crap, and the atmosphere at the board in general has been contentious for a long time.

[...]

I'm just saying. A little definition as to what the board's actually about might create some stability; people might then contribute more than fluff posts and rant threads.
    I agree with pretty much all of this.

Everything stems from a mission or purpose. If the goals are contradictory, then they've gotta be examined. If the goals aren't contradictory, they'd still need to be prioritized. Do we want to first work on how to generate content or how to foster a social environment? And for content, kind of content--psychology, typology, support and advice and "safe space" talk, ... ?

That whole exercise would drive answers to (very legit) questions like @Magic Poriferan's, set the direction for the modstaff, and perhaps that too of a committee. It'd also drive how much we value long, good comments. If content is a priority, then we'd want to foster an environment where those who have something to say aren't dissuaded from doing so. That environment would be one that's (a) not so damn contentious and (b) where thought-provoking posts are somehow brought to the forefront (as stickies, articles, ...). Both of those, and possibly other environment conditions, would increase incentive for folks to create content. The implementation? Well, the committee could help decide the posts that contain substantial, worthwhile content; and the mods could deal with the contention.

A window to the soul

Delete my account. That's a start. Do it now. Thank you!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yeah... about that advice... maybe somehow getting people ^^ to read the FAQ?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah... about that advice... maybe somehow getting people ^^ to read the FAQ?
    Reading the FAQ is a good thing.

But if one's intent is to make a statement rather than an actual request, it's not going to make a difference.