I wanted to let you know that ownership of the forum has recently transferred from Haight/FileCabinet over to me. I guess that dynamic has not changed here in well – forever, so maybe that will come to some as a surprise. Sometimes I think I’m crazy for wanting to take this on but the reason I want to do it is that I want to make the place better.
Outside of the shift in Haight’s/my role, we are not making any changes in the leadership team on the site. I’ve never owned an Internet forum before and I’m sure I’ll make some mistakes but intend to do the best job I can. The forum is a special place in my opinion, which is due to all of you. You start the threads, make the posts and create the community. It’s your forum. I am simply a steward with a responsibility for making this place as valuable as possible for the membership. I have no intention of allowing any commercial interests on the site.
We have been in the process of making some selected changes to upgrade the site, improve member experience and provide more easily accessible quality content, including:
- Restructuring of subforums and addition of some new ones (Support and Advice, Psychology/Typology Book Reviews)
- Refining the use of thread prefixes to facilitate easier navigation of content
- Changing to a hosting provider that specializes in Vbulletin and provides 24/7 technical support
- Conducting forum software upgrades of the core Vbulletin software and our plug-ins
- Adding some RSS feeds, which is still a bit of an experiment
- Implementing Tapatalk to provide an improved forum interface for mobile users
- Implementing an improved search engine to allow much faster searches of forum content (coming this weekend)
Please don’t hesitate to provide feedback on these changes or other things you would like to see and feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks and have a good day!