MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default New Forum Ownership

Hi everyone.

I wanted to let you know that ownership of the forum has recently transferred from Haight/FileCabinet over to me. I guess that dynamic has not changed here in well – forever, so maybe that will come to some as a surprise. Sometimes I think I’m crazy for wanting to take this on but the reason I want to do it is that I want to make the place better.

Outside of the shift in Haight’s/my role, we are not making any changes in the leadership team on the site. I’ve never owned an Internet forum before and I’m sure I’ll make some mistakes but intend to do the best job I can. The forum is a special place in my opinion, which is due to all of you. You start the threads, make the posts and create the community. It’s your forum. I am simply a steward with a responsibility for making this place as valuable as possible for the membership. I have no intention of allowing any commercial interests on the site.

We have been in the process of making some selected changes to upgrade the site, improve member experience and provide more easily accessible quality content, including:
    - Restructuring of subforums and addition of some new ones (Support and Advice, Psychology/Typology Book Reviews)
    - Refining the use of thread prefixes to facilitate easier navigation of content
    - Changing to a hosting provider that specializes in Vbulletin and provides 24/7 technical support
    - Conducting forum software upgrades of the core Vbulletin software and our plug-ins
    - Adding some RSS feeds, which is still a bit of an experiment
    - Implementing Tapatalk to provide an improved forum interface for mobile users
    - Implementing an improved search engine to allow much faster searches of forum content (coming this weekend)

Please don’t hesitate to provide feedback on these changes or other things you would like to see and feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks and have a good day!

Highlander

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    9w8

I think it's a positive thing and thank you for taking it on.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

How much did it cost?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Awesome! Thanks for supporting this community by providing the forum for it & making improvements to it.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Thank you highlander.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Cool! Thanks for taking such a big step in support of the forum and its members. Excited about the improvements.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Default I knew my withholding posting would pay dividends...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Hey, thanks for doing this highlander, I totally support this.

I'm a javascript programmer by trade, if you need anything along those lines, let me know.

Should we congratulate or feel sympathy for you? Either way, thanks for taking it on. If the smooth conversion was any indication of the future of this site, I'm looking forward to the change in ownership.

figsfiggyfigs

This was plainly obvious.
    You've lost your marbles highlander!