123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Forum Software Upgade & Thread Prefixes

We will be undergoing a Forum software upgrade this weekend, Sunday at 1am CST. This will be to get on a more current version of VBulletin. In addition, we'll be installing Sphinx Search, which will provide faster searching of our Forum database than the native VBulletin search provides. The forum will have to be down for a short period while this upgrade occurs. Other than the improved search capability, the upgrade should be pretty transparent to you.

On another note, we have been enhancing our Thread Prefixes structure and the assignment of thread prefixes to the various subforums. The purpose of this is to make it easier to navigate the site and find the threads/content that you are looking for. The new prefix structure has been optional up to this point. We'll begin phasing that in as a mandatory field for certain subforums - specifically the 1) MBTI (tm) and Jungian Cognitive Functions and 2) Enneagram subforums. It will first be implemented in the NT Rationale sub-sub forum. If you notice any kinks in how this is working, please let me know.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The hosting company messed up and decided to do this upgrade at 11am CST instead of 1am. I guess they are much better at doing things right away when I ask for them than when I ask them to do something two weeks in advance. In balance, I guess that is ok. My theory is that the head of the company is an ESTP and the culture reflects that. Thing is, there was an error in the upgrade process and it didn't even work, so they restored us from a backup.

Sorry for the unplanned outage.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This upgrade will take place at 11pm Central Standard Time tonight. The forum will be down for a couple hours while they do it.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't know why the upgrade hasn't started yet. It should be soon and the forum will be down.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did it ever happen? I never saw it go down.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Did it ever happen? I never saw it go down.
    That's a good question. It did go down for a little bit. The version number at the bottom of the page has changed. There were some errors though and it seems that the upgrade did not finish. They are going to look at the logs, analyze things and try again this evening around the same time.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Our forum software was upgraded last night. There are a couple of bugs at the moment. First, the Grayfolio skin isn't working properly. The other skins work fine. It's being worked on. Second, there appears to be an intermittent issue with people having to login after they have already logged in. Any further detail you can provide on when/how this happens would be much appreciated.

The Sphinx search was not installed last night. It should be installed tonight - again at midnight central standard time.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Our forum software was upgraded last night. There are a couple of bugs at the moment. First, the Grayfolio skin isn't working properly. The other skins work fine. It's being worked on. Second, there appears to be an intermittent issue with people having to login after they have already logged in. Any further detail you can provide on when/how this happens would be much appreciated.

The Sphinx search was not installed last night. It should be installed tonight - again at midnight central standard time.
    Actually, we are NOT installing Sphinx search tonight because we want to get the Grayfolio issue corrected first.

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Actually, we are NOT installing Sphinx search tonight because we want to get the Grayfolio issue corrected first.
    What's Sphinx search?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    What's Sphinx search?
    It's a faster search program. When a VBulletin database gets as large as ours has, searching for anything complex gets to be quite slow and can time out. All the very large sites use some form of Sphinx. Craigslist is an example.

Tri-type 639