123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default New Hosting Provider

Hi everyone. I want to let you know that we are changing our hosting provider.

The new provider specializes in hosting of Vbulletin forums. They’ve got a lot of expertise in that one specific thing and have promised 99.9% uptime, improved performance, 24/7 support, free upgrades and improved security. They do hourly backups as well, which will be a serious improvement over what we’ve had in the past. They also provide technical support for Vbulletin, which will be quite helpful for us. Between specific tuning that they will perform on Vbulletin, and our moving to a Virtual Private Server with more memory, disk space, processing power, etc. – we should see some improvements in performance on the site. It might not all happen right away but I’m optimistic that this will be a very good thing for us.

The conversion should happen within 24-48 hours. During the migration, there will be a period during which the forum will be down. They tell me it will be accessible but you won’t be able to post.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Update - We are scheduled for 10am tomorrow morning.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Which time zone?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hey, cool. Good to hear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Which time zone?
    10am central time

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

They estimate that it will take the better part of 6 - 10 hours to complete. We have a lot of data to move (43 gigs) and our current server appears to be rather sluggish.

Tri-type 639

garbage

Should I post an Announcement about this and link it to this thread? It'll catch more attention.

edit: nevermind, I see it

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Does this mean that this message that shows up whenever I try to view my profile

This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.
    along with the stuck visitor message notification will be fixed?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Does this mean that this message that shows up whenever I try to view my profile

along with the stuck visitor message notification will be fixed?
    I did some research on that this week and believe it is related to a plug-in called VBSEO that was once used to increase our page rank. The problem is that the company went out of business and the thing no longer works, causing issues with names like yours that has the two dots above the U. We had this problem previously and I believe VBSEO was removed in a previous upgrade, thus eliminating the issue. Unfortunately, the last time the forum was compromised, the hosting provider restored from an old backup and brought the thing back (the backups weren't working properly). This is frankly one of the things that caused me to think we should shift providers. Backups are extremely important. Once we have the new provider in place, fixing this issue is one of the first things I'm going to ask be done.

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I did some research on that this week and believe it is related to a plug-in called VBSEO that was once used to increase our page rank. The problem is that the company went out of business and the thing no longer works, causing issues with names like yours that has the two dots above the U. We had this problem previously and I believe VBSEO was removed in a previous upgrade, thus eliminating the issue. Unfortunately, the last time the forum was compromised, the hosting provider restored from an old backup and brought the thing back (the backups weren't working properly). This is frankly one of the things that caused me to think we should shift providers. Backups are extremely important. Once we have the new provider in place, fixing this issue is one of the first things I'm going to ask be done.
    Okay. Oh, and btw, the visitor message notification is still there, the other notifications have all gone though.

The visitor message one has been there since Sunday, I believe, because that's around the time other members and I were having troubles with double, triple, and quadruple posts.