123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default NEW FAQ - NOVEMBER 2013

Members, as promised, we have a new FAQ which has been posted here. The following sections are new or re-written.

- Provocative, Bullying, Hostile, and Trolling Behavior – These changes have mostly been previously communicated though there are some tweaks to what @Ivy posted in this thread here.
    - Posting other People's Material – We’ve provided more specific guidance on use of and references to materials authored by others as well as copyright issues. It hasn’t been an issue lately but has been in the past and it seemed like an opportune time to update our guidelines.
    - Warnings, Infractions, Bans and Other Disciplinary Measures – This section has been entirely rewritten to more clearly describe the range of measures that are currently used and will be used in the future, which go beyond warning/infraction/ban that was described in the previous version of the FAQ.

As a reminder, we are in a transitional period right now implementing the new hostility rules and liberally using the warning system as well as editing posts and communicating issues via PMs and Reps. That transitional period ends November 30st with the full implementation of the new rules on December 1st.

Future changes will be considered and will be announced when made (one example is the potential provisions for Safe Spaces threads that is under discussion).

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

November 31?

Anyhoo, thanks for the update.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

that's the inverse of my birthday. and good to know. so if i'm gonna be bad be bad now.got it

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    November 31?

Anyhoo, thanks for the update.
    Oops. Fixed .

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Frankly, I learned the forum FAQ from experience here rather than reading it; I'm a bad kid people, don't follow my ways!

Glycerine

Thank you. It looks great!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Is it just me or is it basicly the old FAQ but slightly more defined?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I don't think I've ever read one of these before. I think now it's time to start.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I realize I probably sound like a broken record with this, but I think it'd be a good idea to add something about how the rep system has been modified into a messaging device (and how the actual rep system is disabled). Probably in the Typology Central FAQ "general forum usage" section.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"Screaming" is "not allowed".....

So...you're banning THE USE OF CAPS?
    Excessive punctuation????!!!111!?
    BOLD LETTERING?
    HALLA-Style POSTS???

Overall, an improvement. Not as clear or concise as they could be, but hey, I guess that's unsurprising when you have no INTPs on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.