User Tag List

First 678

garbage

Thanks for the feedback, all. We're discussing it as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so we can't ask someone if they're stupid? that's really unfair.
    "Hmm. As a matter of fact, I am pretty stupid. I concede this argument."

MBTI
    yupp

ok so, if and when they give mods the power to read user's thoughts. please please please don't make it policy. I'm begging you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    the previous system had the advantage of being highly objective
    Tragically, you probably believe that.

However, you seem to be suggesting that the new system will be less objective. Why are you striving go be less objective when probably the biggest grievance most people have with the moderation style here is that it is not objective or impartial enough? Do you imagine that people will put their trust in your subjective opinions? If so, why bother to revamp the FAQ?
    I smell a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (essentially an ironic object lesson) is what is to be discouraged.
    Oh. So they are banning irony after all?
    Just as well only a handful of members appreciate it, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Why aren't you on board?
    O CAPTAIN! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
    The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
    The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
    While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
    But O heart! heart! heart!
    O the bleeding drops of red,
    Where on the deck my Captain lies,
    Fallen cold and dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, I look all around this forum and still see irony abounding.

Maybe they'll crack down on it after the holidays.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, I look all around this forum and still see irony abounding.

Maybe they'll crack down on it after the holidays.
    It's like Santa's reindeers have all been renamed and gifted with boughs of coconuts.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default fyi

I was looking through the FAQ just now to see if any explanation has been added about the way the rep system has been modified, and found this:

Name Changes: Information about Name Changes can be found in this thread.

It made me wonder if initially someone meant to add a link to the name change thread in that statement (where it says “this thread”).

Also, here is what is still in FAQ regarding “reputation”:

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
    How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
    How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
    How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
    If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

If no one wants to write a thing about how the rep system has been disabled and is used primarily to send short messages, then maybe just removing this explanation (which suggests the rep system is still active and is what it appears to be) would be a good idea.

And now I can’t even remember what I went to FAQ for in the first place, but there might be a third thing that needs saying when I remember.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I was looking through the FAQ just now to see if any explanation has been added about the way the rep system has been modified, and found this:

Name Changes: Information about Name Changes can be found in this thread.

It made me wonder if initially someone meant to add a link to the name change thread in that statement (where it says “this thread”).

Also, here is what is still in FAQ regarding “reputation”:

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
    Reputation may be positive , negative or neutral . Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.
    How do I give reputation?
    To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
    How do I know what reputation I have received?
    You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
    How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
    If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
    What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
    You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

If no one wants to write a thing about how the rep system has been disabled and is used primarily to send short messages, then maybe just removing this explanation (which suggests the rep system is still active and is what it appears to be) would be a good idea.

And now I can’t even remember what I went to FAQ for in the first place, but there might be a third thing that needs saying when I remember.
    thanks so much z! we'll work on it!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison