First 5678 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Leave the weeds and no plants will grow, gotta whack those weeds first!

Turning weeds into flowers could work, but that is tricky business.
    This, I understand. And, agree with.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I actually don't understand at all what they are talking about. You helped a little bit, but I'm still confused as ever.
    DITTO!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    Read through it, looks like it will do, in promoting the new culture of eliminating hostility.

Just some few suggestions:

You might want to include "private messages" as well. I know that mods can't see PMs, so maybe that's why it wasn't included in the above? But it should still be a rule that you can't do any of the following, EVEN by PM.

There is a section re: PM below:

...but it's about posting communication from PMs. Not about conduct within PM, being held to the same policies as the rest of the forum (duh! but, should be stated even if obvious). Maybe a qualifier that for such cases, it is up to the "victim" to report the PM, by forwarding it to a mod, and ensuring that the perpetrator is CCed on the forward as well. So that it is a transparent issue. And that by doing so, you give mods the implicit consent to comment on, and bring to other mods/the team, such private communication as up for discussion.
    Great feedback. Thank you. PM's were an oversight. Not sure how that happened but that's fixed.

Of course PMs can be reported just like posts. It would be good to clarify that. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post

Also, what about "Vent"? Is that a different entity? I know moderation in that environment is hard, but maybe you can outline that issues in vent will be dealt with if people submit their complaint as a "screenshot" of the conversation/chat, to supply as evidence (hard for the video chats and voice charts).

What do the following terms mean (bolded)?

Hard? Versus soft? Hard by whose term? A colourful sailor? Or a Catholic nun? What's the middle?

What do you mean by "screaming"?

/just throwing some stuff out there.

Thanks for putting it together, Mod Team!
    Those are good questions. Someone else will have to answer because I'm not sure.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

A post made to a thread of another topic about forum politics meant to cause digression into forum politics is also classified as trolling.
    Huh? How is a post about forum politics in a thread about forum politics trolling? I would argue that forum politics are very relevant to forum politics. And decisions of "separate issues" often strike me as very arbitrary. I can't see how people can discuss forum politics without discussing the issues involved in those forum politics.
    The way I interpret the quote, it is trolling if you make a post about forum politics to a thread on another topic, i.e. a topic other than forum politics. In other words, it would be a derail/OT post. Assuming I have interpreted it correctly, I would rewrite it as:

It is also classified as trolling to make a post about forum politics on a thread of another unrelated topic, with the intention of causing a digression into forum politics.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The way I interpret the quote, it is trolling if you make a post about forum politics to a thread on another topic, i.e. a topic other than forum politics.
    [I]

That makes sense. Hopefully, this will be enforced equally across the board when it occurs.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Huh? How is a post about forum politics in a thread about forum politics trolling? I would argue that forum politics are very relevant to forum politics. And decisions of "separate issues" often strike me as very arbitrary. I can't see how people can discuss forum politics without discussing the issues involved in those forum politics.
    They mean that a thread about a topic irrelevant to forum politics cannot have posts that try to comment on the OP topic through the lens/commentary of "forum politics"....which basically then indulges in the forum politics.

E.g., if there's a thread on Fe/Fi difference, don't be fucking posting shit like, "well, of course the majority of you fail to see the problem with Fe because of x,y,z, this forum is made up of x,y,z and the Mods are blind to x,y,z. So no wonder you all are not getting my awesome point. I wouldn't expect any different from this forum. Oh, and the Mods are in on this conspiracy theory too! So there!"

Then you get people responding to that with, "I don't think there's evidence of x,y,z on this forum. Prove it!"

Back and forth, ad nauseum.

And the forum politics catch fire.

Don't do that shit. It's trolling.

Edit: didn't see @Coriolis post. Same understanding

MBTI
    yupp

so we can't ask someone if they're stupid? that's really unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    They never know anyway.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    They never know anyway.
    true

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Better to ask what the person's experience or knowledge is in a certain area. For example, I was discussing sexism in Italy with someone, and he asked me whether I had ever lived in Italy myself. This is a fair question - not that I need to have lived there to have a valid opinion, but I should have some basis for the opinion, and I replied by explaining what it was.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...