First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    No you're right, the term professional does not neccesarily imply they get paid, but it does imply that the person has completed a formal education or training in the profession and can thus be considered a professional.

However that also does not mean that an amateur at a certain profession is neccesarily less proficient at said profession than a professional of that same profession.
    So an amateur troll can be better at trolling than a professional troll?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

To increase the membership base here, it's simply necessary to,

A. increase the unemployment rate, and
    B. provide more computers with internet to the unemployed.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    So an amateur troll can be better at trolling than a professional troll?
    Whilest you wrongfully imply that there is a formal education or training for trolling. Just for the sake of arguement, you are entirely correct. However you should also know that being good at trolling suggests that the targets of those being trolled are not in fact aware they are being trolled. In that light, the trolls that counter other trolls have a leg up on trolls that do the initiation of trolling. There is no easier target to troll than another troll, after all.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Read through it, looks like it will do, in promoting the new culture of eliminating hostility.

Just some few suggestions:
    Provocative, Bullying, Hostile, and Trolling Behavior: Flaming, insults, provocative, and personal attacks are not allowed, including in reputation comments, visitor messages or social groups.
    You might want to include "private messages" as well. I know that mods can't see PMs, so maybe that's why it wasn't included in the above? But it should still be a rule that you can't do any of the following, EVEN by PM.

There is a section re: PM below:
    PMs, IMs, and Privacy: Private communications (including but not limited to Private Messages) are not to be posted on the open forum without the permission of the sender; this includes PMs from mods and admins. Posting private communication may result in at least a warning. Mods can not read your PMs. Reputation comments and logs from IM/Ventrilo chat sessions should not be posted without the permission of all participants.
    ...but it's about posting communication from PMs. Not about conduct within PM, being held to the same policies as the rest of the forum (duh! but, should be stated even if obvious). Maybe a qualifier that for such cases, it is up to the "victim" to report the PM, by forwarding it to a mod, and ensuring that the perpetrator is CCed on the forward as well. So that it is a transparent issue. And that by doing so, you give mods the implicit consent to comment on, and bring to other mods/the team, such private communication as up for discussion.

Also, what about "Vent"? Is that a different entity? I know moderation in that environment is hard, but maybe you can outline that issues in vent will be dealt with if people submit their complaint as a "screenshot" of the conversation/chat, to supply as evidence (hard for the video chats and voice charts).

Fluff: Lesser annoyances, such as repeated and/or sole posting of "fluff" posts may be moved at the mod's discretion; any such action will be clearly indicated at the time by the mod concerned, as are all moderating actions. For the purpose of posting at Typology Central, fluff is defined as:
    •Consecutive posts topically unrelated to the original post (OP)
    •Consecutive posts that lack the seriousness deemed necessary for the topic at hand
    •Threads that single out members as their topic, i.e. birthday threads, baby announcements, etc.
    Threads created for the sole purpose of frivolous socializing
    You might want to think about qualifying "fluff threads" as also those that ask redundant, or non-sensical questions, without any intention of creating a space for dialogue. These threads are started by certain members, not to socialize but because they're thinking out loud, to themselves, and these threads pepper throughout the forum, not just contained within "The Fluff Zone". I don't have a better way of wording it, but I guess it can fall under the "frivolous" category - but more so, that these threads are "frivolous by nature", not that the purpose is for frivolous socializing, only

What do the following terms mean (bolded)?
    Hard obscenities in repeatable elements such as custom user titles, avatars, signatures, and thread titles
    Hard? Versus soft? Hard by whose term? A colourful sailor? Or a Catholic nun? What's the middle?

Screaming or starting fights will not be allowed
    What do you mean by "screaming"?

/just throwing some stuff out there.

Thanks for putting it together, Mod Team!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I realize I probably sound like a broken record with this, but I think it'd be a good idea to add something about how the rep system has been modified into a messaging device (and how the actual rep system is disabled). Probably in the Typology Central FAQ "general forum usage" section.
    ^ Also this.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

A post made to a thread of another topic about forum politics meant to cause digression into forum politics is also classified as trolling.
    Huh? How is a post about forum politics in a thread about forum politics trolling? I would argue that forum politics are very relevant to forum politics. And decisions of "separate issues" often strike me as very arbitrary. I can't see how people can discuss forum politics without discussing the issues involved in those forum politics.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Huh? How is a post about forum politics in a thread about forum politics trolling? I would argue that forum politics are very relevant to forum politics.
    ... I think they mean a post about forum politics that exhibits the same disruptive style of forum politics being discussed (essentially an ironic object lesson) is what is to be discouraged.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... I think they mean a post about forum politics that exhibits the same disruptive style of forum politics being discussed (essentially an ironic object lesson) is what is to be discouraged.
    An intentional, or unintentional object lesson?

They really need to make that part clearer, because it makes no sense.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    An intentional, or unintentional object lesson?

They really need to make that part clearer, because it makes no sense.
    Sometimes (said in the spirit of constructive criticism) I think you are making this more complicated than it needs to be.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sometimes (said in the spirit of constructive criticism) I think you are making this more complicated than it needs to be.
    I actually don't understand at all what they are talking about. You helped a little bit, but I'm still confused as ever.

Visit my Johari: