First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    I may have been seeing this post in the wrong context. If so, please ignore me. Apologies.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. I wasn't suggesting that Mane was insulting anyone.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    no, most of the time it isn't, but that is like answering a possible fault in trial proceedings or a claim of a bad judge by justifying how easy it is to not get accused or get called to a trial in the first place - most people probably don't go on trial in the first place, but the trust in the legal system requires trusting what happens once a trial starts. you don't really get called to judge most of the posts, the posts that come into question are specifically the ones where you do need to make a judgement call.

mind you, i realize their are similarity lines between my mistrust of uumlau and marm's prior public beef with you, and to that extent i accept that my counter argument there also stands against my own reasoning here, and that this can be explained as a bias developed against a mod as a poster resulting in a negative opinion of them as a mod (perhaps even more so given that i never interacted with him/her as a mod, and the fact i still need to use him/her in reference probably really puts the amount of information i have on him/her in question)...

but -while taking that into account - a larger point still stands: given enough subjective leeway, the social contract no longer depends on trusting the merit inherent to the contract, it depends on trusting the authority enforcing it.
    Well first of all, @uumlau is quite fair and reasonable . But even if he was not with respect to a particular issue or question, he would quickly get called on the carpet by several other moderators or admins, none of which are afraid to assert themselves. There are checks and balances by having a collection of individuals involved in decision making, that have differing perspectives. It does slow things down but the general philosophy is to err on the side of caution in the modbox because a mistake or poorly handled situation can result in a great deal of downstream time and effort to resolve. You are right though - in the end there is a dependence on trusting the collective decision making and authority of that group of individuals. It's sort of hard to get around that.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    but I heard enough "I can't make jokes or be sarcastic anymore" comments, and couldn't help but to wonder if I'm just not seeing where the line is drawn.
    I've seen unsubstantiated rumors or extrapolations about the policies spreading, then being seen as policy because they're repeated over and over. Not just with the 'sarcasm' thing, but with other claims, too. It's kind of a problem, but it's a natural reaction; and I expect it to be quelled and naturally clarified after we all settle in.

..but yeah. If the policies in practice do wind up sending the message "I can't make jokes or be sarcastic anymore," we ought to know about that and correct it.

On the RARE occasions, I can be snarky and sarcastic.

Have done so even after the rule changes. All good in the hood, so far. Just stayed on topic without substance-free mudslinging.

If you take away my snark, you've killed my light. Please keep that in mind, mods.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

The day the forum doesn't let Qrious be Qrious is the day I'd leave.

Or more likely say something to the mods about maybe going too far.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Can i just say im glad to see several Ts actively supporting and defending this shift? Keeping the peace and managing people is something Fs often get told they overdo or use to strangle freedom of speech in favour of harmony. It is kind of a relief to discover it is seen as a valid concern by 'the other side'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I've seen unsubstantiated rumors or extrapolations about the policies spreading, then being seen as policy because they're repeated over and over. Not just with the 'sarcasm' thing, but with other claims, too. It's kind of a problem, but it's a natural reaction; and I expect it to be quelled and naturally clarified after we all settle in.

..but yeah. If the policies in practice do wind up sending the message "I can't make jokes or be sarcastic anymore," we ought to know about that and correct it.
    This was my impression as well, but I suddenly got really curious if there was something to it.

For what it's worth, I think you guys are doing a good job with these changes, and appreciate the time you guys are taking to communicate with us.

MBTI
    yupp

sometimes things happen,and sometimes people deserve to be called fuckfaces, since we're not allowed to those people will get off and forever be ignorant of being fuckfaces. It's not right.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sometimes things happen,and sometimes people deserve to be called fuckfaces, since we're not allowed to those people will get off and forever be ignorant of being fuckfaces. It's not right.
    Under the old ruleset, we would consider 'fuckface' to be problematic; but the potential antagonism and provocation that may have led to that point would not be. We now look at provocation as a potential issue to be dealt with.

That said, however, we don't accept "but he hit me first" as a legit argument. We expect people to exercise an appropriate amount of self-control and to allow us to also deal with the person who hit first.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Under the old ruleset, we would consider 'fuckface' to be problematic; but the potential antagonism and provocation that may have led to that point would not be. We now look at provocation as a potential issue to be dealt with.

That said, however, we don't accept "but he hit me first" as a legit argument. We expect people to exercise an appropriate amount of self-control and to allow us to also deal with the person who hit first.
    so I'm getting banned?