FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you should put that as your user titled: unbanned since 2008
    I like that.

Then someone else (if appropriate) can put things like, "unbanned since Friday" in their user title.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And why did they assume it was me when the thread in question clearly said Swivels in the title? Very, very strange.

how do you explain that you're confused about something but confused about what you're confused about like you don't know what you're confused about?
    Of course it's con-fuse, meaning to fuse together.

And as we perceive by making distinctions, we become con-fused or confused when when we fail to make a distinction and everything becomes indistinct and fused together.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    And why did they assume it was me when the thread in question clearly said Swivels in the title?
    Because you are such a badass.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

how do you explain that you're confused about something but confused about what you're confused about like you don't know what you're confused about?
    When we are confused, and unable to distinguish between this and that, we are in a trance, the trance of confusion, a first level trance.

But if, while we are in this first level trance, we induce another trance of confusion, we have a trance within a trance, that is, a second level trance.

And we are on our way to becoming seriously entranced where we can't tell the difference between imagination and reality.

Riva

@Ivy is stalkish behaviour (trolling someone from one thread to another) considered an offense? I assume so. However what should be the frequency of this occurence? It would be ideal to have a number (2,3,4 etc). Of course if the arguments are in line with the thread/subject being discussed it wouldn't or shouldn't be considered trolling.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    @Ivy is stalkish behaviour (trolling someone from one thread to another) considered an offense? I assume so. However what should be the frequency of this occurence? It would be ideal to have a number (2,3,4 etc). Of course if the arguments are in line with the thread/subject being discussed it wouldn't or shouldn't be considered trolling.
    There is no truly objective measure. In general, if you think someone is harassing you, report it. The mods will look into it. If we concur that it is going on, we'll tell both parties to ignore each other. Ignoring that warning will eventually result in infractions/banishment. Essentially, the "objective" part is that the mods tell the harasser or stalker to stop doing it, and if they don't, that's grounds for infraction/banning.

Note the symmetry: you can't accuse someone of harassing/stalking you, and then go and reply/rep/PM them. If you continue the conversation, we tend to regard the interaction as a "disagreement" that you wish to continue to argue, and not harassment/stalking. Your own personal behavior strongly affects the mods judgment in these cases.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't know what "following someone from thread to thread" means on a forum like this. Discussion is happening in a finite number of threads at any given time and they're not anyone's territory.

Edit: also, what uumlau said.

Riva

^ You don't see the difference between being trolled in a subtle manner and being replied to?
    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    There is no truly objective measure. In general, if you think someone is harassing you, report it. The mods will look into it. If we concur that it is going on, we'll tell both parties to ignore each other. Ignoring that warning will eventually result in infractions/banishment. Essentially, the "objective" part is that the mods tell the harasser or stalker to stop doing it, and if they don't, that's grounds for infraction/banning.Note the symmetry: you can't accuse someone of harassing/stalking you, and then go and reply/rep/PM them. If you continue the conversation, we tend to regard the interaction as a "disagreement" that you wish to continue to argue, and not harassment/stalking. Your own personal behavior strongly affects the mods judgment in these cases.
    Thank you for the quick reply. The last para was informative. A question directed at the last para: how are we to know whether the madmins would or wouldn't take an action against the perceived troll? If the madmins wouldn't consider it trolling it would be ideal for the member to be informed, so that that person could reply/continue to argue with the stalker/troll.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think almost everybody has their own perception/definition of what constitutes trolling. It is an extremely vague term that IME often gets used to mean "I don't like this person and everything they do annoys me so I'm just going to call it all trolling."