User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Mac is Gone

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    It seems like quite a few of the members that actually make this forum interesting have been getting the axe recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I believe it's cyclical.

Of course I am not that arrogant to believe I'ld make the forum intresting... may be a bit
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Riva

My gosh!

I'm genuinely sursised and shocked and a bit sad. Such an old member and a former mod getting banned is a hard thing - well not that hard considering that zerg got banned too - bear.

I've seen quite a few members forgiven over and over again for trollish/immature behaviour. So it is really really killing me to know what happened.

So I guess i'm shocked at the fact that he did something which was worse than what i've witnessed than the news of his ban.

Hmmm.. Haight stop teasing us man and you should know that promises are meant to be broken.

Also you must be good on bed to have such an ability tease so hard, tease so many and tease for so long?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Well. That was awkward.

It's a little surprising after all those years and all those posts, not one member is willing to step forward in his defence. That the only dissenting voices are from people anxious for more gossip.
    I suppose that is damning, in its own way. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    ^Well. That was awkward.

It's a little surprising after all those years and all those posts, not one member is willing to step forward in his defence. That the only dissenting voices are from people anxious for more gossip.
    I suppose that is damning, in its own way. . .
    That's because it comes as no surprise. He didn't exactly try to hide his perviness. I did however think more people would protest, since so many appear to be poor judges of character.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I always liked the guy. There, I said it.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

RDF

Concerning the OP: Haight doesn’t actually say that Mac did anything wrong. He just says that Mac was banned, there’s some private info, and promises were made.

The fact that Mac was banned points in a certain direction. But it could also be one of those “Did he quit or was he fired” questions. Speculation is kind of fruitless with so little info to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I always liked the guy. There, I said it.
    Me too.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I like Mac, he has a good heart, despite what anyone may think of him. And I will miss him. However, I also realize this is Haights site and it is within his rights to decide who is allowed on it. I never did get the whole outrage thread-thing whenever someone was banned. I also believe Haight would not make such a decision lightly. Since I do not have all the facts, I trust that since he does, he made the right call.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Concerning the OP: Haight doesn’t actually say that Mac did anything wrong. He just says that Mac was banned, there’s some private info, and promises were made.
    Based on that, Random Scenario #1: Mac asked Haight to ban him because he had a bet with another member for $50,000 that he would never be permabanned from these two sites, and Mac gave Haight a 20% cut of the take.

Everyone wins.
    ... well, except for the guy who lost $50K.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Based on that, Random Scenario #1: Mac asked Haight to ban him because he had a bet with another member for $50,000 that he would never be permabanned from these two sites, and Mac gave Haight a 20% cut of the take.

Everyone wins.
    ... well, except for the guy who lost $50K.
    Ya know, that aint as unlikely as it seems...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My theory is that Mac did something that was uncomfortably close to being legally actionable. I'm not the president of the Haight fan club, but he generally errs on the side of tolerance. Mac was a founding member of the forum, a former mod, and well liked, so I don't believe permabanning him was a decision that was made without good reason and/or deliberation.

If Haight banned everyone he didn't like, I suspect this would be a very small forum. He didn't like us when he started the forum. That was the whole point.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers