Thread: Mac is Gone

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    That might very well be a very accurate assumption. I suspect being on Elfboy's clown list myself. Not willingly, but INTP and (younger) ENFP males just don't seem to blend well in my experience with the few ENFP males I've encountered on this site. It's nothing personal, it just doesn't click. For some reason I've not had that problem with ENFP females, or perhaps I do but they're not letting it on. *ponders*
    I hadn't noticed this, even when I was paying more attention to type interaction. It's interesting, because ENFP female and INTP male seem to frequently have a magnetic push / pull thing going on.

Do you think it's because, since they are both males, it's more push with much less pull?

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I think I know why.
    Why do you think they don't get along?

Denial

What amazes me is that we have this enormous outpouring of grief everytime we lose someone to banning, but at the same time we deny we are grieving.

All I can think is that this outpouring of grief is not just for our lost member of Central, but we are also grieving for everything and everyone we have lost in our lives. But this is too much to bear so we must emotionally deny it.

MBTI
    INFP

This thread has looked like 1 part grief, 2 parts surprise, 2 parts curiosity and 3 parts gloating to me. Calling it an "enormous outpouring of grief" is overstating it just a tad.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Aww, too bad. Mac was one of the last guys around from the old days. I don't think there's a lot of people I know left on here.

Well, while I'm generally opposed to closed-door policies like this and such, this forum is superior to a lot of others because we're at least allowed to complain about it in public. I've been on another one where things are so messed up that you not only can't talk about policy on the forum, there are people who will try to ruin your reputation and drive you away if they catch you complaining on Skype.

I wish MacGuffin well, and hope that he's doing okay regardless of whatever happened.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hey Athenian,
    I remember you. Find a job yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

Do you think it's because, since they are both males, it's more push with much less pull?

Why do you think they don't get along?
    Maybe it's both and that's what disturbs them?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What amazes me is that we have this enormous outpouring of grief everytime we lose someone to banning, but at the same time we deny we are grieving.
    It's what he would have wanted.

Lest the wise world should look into your moan
    And mock you with me after I am gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    This thread has looked like 1 part grief, 2 parts surprise, 2 parts curiosity and 3 parts gloating to me. Calling it an "enormous outpouring of grief" is overstating it just a tad.
    I will settle for one part grief, after all, "an enormous outpouring of grief", was an ambit claim.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Wow, I guess I should look outside the political forum more than a few times a year.

If we were taking bets, my money would be on him propositioning on someone underage, crossing the stalker line, or both.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Hate

Bummer to see MacGuffin go, because if there's one thing this forum needs, its more lawyers. I mean, could you imagine a world without lawyers?

MBTI
    INFJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Aww. Mika really likes them lollipops, eh?
    Whatever happened to him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.