User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Thread: Mac is Gone

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Pretending to be a sock is like the lamest thing imaginable.

Not even a real sock. A pretend one. Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    How the hell can you get a permaban on this site with12k posts?
    Seems reasonable to assume its a legal matter rather than a simple " forum rules" thing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You quoted him for about 30 times. You could know him.
    At first I thought that it would be strange that you'd know a statistic like that. Then I remembered who you were and I wasnt surprised.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    What is different about it being the "internet"? It's still a person insulting another. If it's serious face to face, why would it be less so online? Is it the somewhat anonymous nature of it - although with pic threads and facebook friending, it isn't necessarily anonymous. Is it that they can't actually punch you in the face or give atomic wedgies?
    It is very different. No one on the forum is involved in my real life. No insults or misunderstandings are going to sour a professional relationship, or upset my relatives, or make the neighbor hard to deal with. In short, the repercussions of forum disagreements largely stay on the forum, unless I choose to internalize them to the degree that I let them my own RL behavior.

Prohibiting insults and other offensive behavior on the forum is still a good idea, though. It makes the forum a more pleasant place, and facilitates exchange of information and development of personal connections.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It is very different. No one on the forum is involved in my real life. No insults or misunderstandings are going to sour a professional relationship, or upset my relatives, or make the neighbor hard to deal with. In short, the repercussions of forum disagreements largely stay on the forum, unless I choose to internalize them to the degree that I let them my own RL behavior.

Prohibiting insults and other offensive behavior on the forum is still a good idea, though. It makes the forum a more pleasant place, and facilitates exchange of information and development of personal connections.
    That's true for some members, I suspect. For myself, I met and married a forum member, had a close group online that was my primary support during my divorce, my ex and another special online friend of mine are in love, and a couple of the best friends I have ever had in my life are from the forum and I have never met them in person. I also have some as facebook friends. If a forum is capable of producing some of the most meaningful connections in my life, does it make sense that negative experiences are completely removed? It's true some have no connection to my life, but some do. There are other forum members who are closely connected and have attended meet-ups, etc. It really isn't an imaginary world. The people can impact your life in real ways.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's true for some members, I suspect. For myself, I met and married a forum member, had a close group online that was my primary support during my divorce, my ex and another special online friend of mine are in love, and a couple of the best friends I have ever had in my life are from the forum and I have never met them in person. I also have some as facebook friends. If a forum is capable of producing some of the most meaningful connections in my life, does it make sense that negative experiences are completely removed? It's true some have no connection to my life, but some do. There are other forum members who are closely connected and have attended meet-ups, etc. It really isn't an imaginary world. The people can impact your life in real ways.
    Good post.

I've had similar experiences -- it's unfortunate not many forum members are physically nearby, but there are some that, if they were, I would be seeing them and spending time with them. Also, I probably wouldn't have made it if I hadn't had certain people to lean on when I went through some very painful changes in my life; for awhile, the people here were the only supporters and friends I had.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes, for people with a greater overlap between forum life and RL, this would be true. I suppose my life is just more compartmented. Even in RL, the groups in which I participate do not overlap much.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

(hobbles in with assistance from newer and younger type c members and puts a flower on his grave.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Seems reasonable to assume its a legal matter rather than a simple " forum rules" thing.
    Looks like he made some kind of threat to me.

MBTI
    INFP

Bye, MacGuffin. I can't remember if I ever told you this but you were the reason I found INTPc and eventually typoc. I was dabbling on saccharine INFPgc and there was a thread claiming INFP pwnage of an INTP. That INTP was you. Based on the contents of that thread I joined INTPc within the hour. So thanks for not being (much of) a jerk to a bunch of INFPs who were convinced you were being a total jerk.