User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Thread: Mac is Gone

Permabanned

when he returns we can all sing that song "return of the mac".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    when he returns we can all sing that song "return of the mac".
    That should be difficult since he is permabanned (at least that's what the OP seems to indicate).
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    One question, would I have known this guy more if I was part of the vent users?
    You quoted him for about 30 times. You could know him.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I miss aj where is he?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    wow, there are people who take insults over the internet seriously?
    What is different about it being the "internet"? It's still a person insulting another. If it's serious face to face, why would it be less so online? Is it the somewhat anonymous nature of it - although with pic threads and facebook friending, it isn't necessarily anonymous. Is it that they can't actually punch you in the face or give atomic wedgies?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    What is different about it being the "internet"? It's still a person insulting another. If it's serious face to face, why would it be less so online? Is it the somewhat anonymous nature of it - although with pic threads and facebook friending, it isn't necessarily anonymous. Is it that they can't actually punch you in the face or give atomic wedgies?
    I too, wonder at what specific distance, metric or U.S. standard, insults become less acute. 10 inches? 500 blocks? 6,327km? Or maybe it's the barrier that matters. Density perhaps? A cotton curtain will be less effective than a titanium wall presumably?

Whether or not people's words can have an effect on us has nothing to do with physical proximity and entirely to do with psychological proximity. This appears to be very, very hard for some to grasp... possibly because people mistake one type of proximity for the other.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I too, wonder at what specific distance, metric or U.S. standard, insults become less acute. 10 inches? 500 blocks? 6,327km? Or maybe it's the barrier that matters. Density perhaps? A cotton curtain will be less effective than a titanium wall presumably?

Whether or not people's words can have an effect on us has nothing to do with physical proximity and entirely to do with psychological proximity. This appears to be very, very hard for some to grasp... possibly because people mistake one type of proximity for the other.
    Not that I disagree, but I think it's even simpler than that. Directly insulting other members is against the rules of this forum. Everybody here knows that and knows the potential consequences in case they decide to violate that rule.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Not that I disagree, but I think it's even simpler than that. Directly insulting other members is against the rules of this forum. Everybody here knows that and knows the potential consequences in case they decide to violate that rule.
    My observation was much broader than this forum. If there is a particular issue being discussed, I'm not aware of it. I haven't read this thread top to bottom either.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    That should be difficult since he is permabanned (at least that's what the OP seems to indicate).
    How the hell can you get a permaban on this site with12k posts?