And the blowfish might be mad with their spikes and their puffin
    He made like a tree and - wait a minute, Lee
    You are not a Bruce and your fists are lacking fury
    Banned for a reason but the reasons unknown
    We got no connections like a broken telephone
    All these speculations but they don't lead anywhere
    We're left out in the cold like a cappy with no hair

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Oh. I guess I was so out of the loop with who he was that I didn't even know what sort of effect that he had on people.

Wow, I'm not alone!

I can see this. With the passionate, opinionated folks, there's usually a five-thousand page thread that demands their return.
    Yeah, I miss most of the forum drama.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Seriously? It never ceases to amaze me how drastically a member's self-concept can differ from the persona they project...
    Fwiw, it's difficult to imagine how you could be less alike.
    Hehe, it amazes me as well sometimes, realizing what I thought and what is are entirely different concepts.. I suppose in my defense I don't really seem to get close to anyone on this forum, just superficially, and in the short banter I've had with MacGuffin there did not seem to be a lot of difference.

My reasons for being here have always been quite selfish in nature and has little to do with meeting other people. Which is also why I am much more absent lately. I feel like I've reached a point in where I am comfortable knowing what type I am and tendencies I have and am more interested in working on improvement in real life instead of learning more here.

To be frank, I've thought about leaving the forum completely, because I can't even remember the last time I made a topic of substance here. But the truth is there's a certain charm here that is hard to let go off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Perhaps I've just been assimilated after all this time. *shudders*
    In some sense, don't we all. Home is where we spend much of our time. Eventually, the forum will become part home for people that are regulars.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My reasons for being here ... has little to do with meeting other people.

I ... am more interested in working on improvement in real life.

To be frank, I've thought about leaving the forum completely, because I can't even remember the last time I made a topic of substance here.
    You see? Not alike at all.

(I'm not suggesting Mac ever made a post of substance, just that he would never have considered his failure to do so a fitting reason to leave. He was not one to scruple over such matters... or any matters, come to think of it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh great. So he was hitting on notable women and maintaining some kind of broken-hearted forlorn attempts at contact, and in particular using the forum to keep it up? And that's why no one wants to complain, because no one had any better relationship stake with him? Awesome.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    using the forum to keep it up?
    This part of your post made sense.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

From my experience, Mac was a kind, witty guy who I had many a good laugh with, who showed me genuine concern when I needed it and never judged. I know that he made mistakes, and that he had his issues, like we all do, but it honestly saddens me to see him painted this way.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Oh great. So he was hitting on notable women and maintaining some kind of broken-hearted forlorn attempts at contact, and in particular using the forum to keep it up? And that's why no one wants to complain, because no one had any better relationship stake with him? Awesome.
    I'm fairly sure he had been doing that kind of thing since the forum's beginning. He had to have ramped it up considerably to have provoked Haight to action of this kind, IMO.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

What? I thought mac was married with a baby. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^It happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    From my experience, Mac was a kind, witty guy who I had many a good laugh with, who showed me genuine concern when I needed it and never judged. I know that he made mistakes, and that he had his issues, like we all do, but it honestly saddens me to see him painted this way.
    No need for outrage, he painted himself that way..
    "Occupation : online seducer"

I'm sure you found lots in common to chat about. But dry your eyes, plenty more where he came from.