User Tag List

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Attention: Embedding Youtube videos has changed

From now on when you embed a video, all you need to do is wrap the URL in [VIDEO] tags. Example:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1234567[/VIDEO]

Alternatively, you can just hit the "Insert Video" button, and it will prompt you to enter the URL:

I realize the huge inconvenience this has created in regard to past videos posted. If you have posts in which you had embedded videos and are no longer displaying properly, please send me a PM with the subject line "Video" and link me directly to the post(s).
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    From now on when you embed a video, all you need to do is wrap the URL in [VIDEO] tags. Example:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1234567[/VIDEO]

Alternatively, you can just hit the "Insert Video" button, and it will prompt you to enter the URL:

I realize the huge inconvenience this has created in regard to past videos posted. If you have posts in which you had embedded videos and are no longer displaying properly, please send me a PM with the subject line "Video" and link me directly to the post(s).

y0u m34n liK3 the, "wH4t 4R3 yOu 1iS73Nin6" 4Nd 0th3r $iMil4r tHr34ds? 'm $Ur3 no 0n3 wI11 nOtic3.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

garbage

If you get a lot of these complaints, there's a mySQL query that you could run to change embedded videos to the new format.

I love the new way that videos embed

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    If you get a lot of these complaints, there's a mySQL query that you could run to change embedded videos to the new format.

I love the new way that videos embed
    I don't know how the data is stored, but it does seem like some sort of regular expression based search and replace operation could be done.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield