User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Mod Name Change

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-13-2007 at 02:23 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I don't think this is what bothers me so much. It's more the thought of the accompanying fallout re wife, kids etc. I felt pretty similar reading Dom's blog. Again, though, Fi is most unforthcoming in supplying me with the reasons for my disturbance, so this could all be rationalization. If it is, however, it is extremely an extremely convincing rationalization. And this isn't an attack. I just don't think my reaction has been simply a case of me butting heads with my "programming".
    These are good points. The idea of someone living out the remainder of their life in misery is similarly unpalatable to me as the family fallout, so it's something of a wash. I have to say that as a marginally-ISFJ wife myself, I've felt some pangs of empathy for Jennifer's wife and probably a better understanding of how she's feeling than how Jennifer is feeling.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think this is what bothers me so much. It's more the thought of the accompanying fallout re wife, kids etc. I felt pretty similar reading Dom's blog. ...And this isn't an attack. I just don't think my reaction has been simply a case of me butting heads with my "programming".
    Oh, Jeff, I know you're not.

The things you mention here are the things that are heaviest on my heart right now... and to be honest, are the biggest reason why I have made it as far as I have, through the last 12 years. And they are still the best reasons I have to stay where I am at... if I could/can.

They are the questions that have to be raised, so I don't mind it at all.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-13-2007 at 02:24 PM.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This is good to hear, because I'm seriously not posting this stuff to pick on you or condemn you or something. And I don't know why I even care, because this is just an online forum after all. But I figure if I am feeling bothered about it all I might as well post it in the relevant threads. Maybe this way someone can give me some clarity on everything. I guess another thing that disturbs me is that I realize that if I'm disturbed to whatever extent I am then you must be feeling that x1000. And I thought I had problems.
    Well... I've learned not to play the "Who's Got It Worse?" game, but yeah. It kills me. I don't even know how to talk to the kids about it, just that I don't want to them to misread my depression and/or behavior as something wrong they've been doing.

But yes, please raise them on the other threads...before I have to move this one, it's been wandering off the thread topic. Like all fun threads do.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I liked it better as Fortunado...

MBTI
    ENTP

Resurrecting thread... now.

*Note to self - referring to Jennifer as "The F-man" is likely a faux-pas. That is all, carry on.