User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Help Buy Your New Server!

The time of reckoning is nigh. MBTI Central and our sister site, INTP Central, have grown by leaps and bounds over the past year. The little server that could, on which we have happily ridden for a year, once handled all of our traffic easily. But no longer. "I think I can't," it gasps as it limps along and frequently stumbles under the staggering weight of two awesome forums.

Clearly, you also think these forums are awesome. You're reading this, aren't you? How many times have you clicked "refresh" over the past few weeks, watching that sad hourglass turn over and over and over, waiting for your fix? Do you have any hair or fingernails left, or has it all been pulled out and chewed away in frustration and anticipation?

Well, I have plenty of thick, lovely hair left, but my nails are gone. And in lieu of a $25 manicure, I'd be willing to redirect that $25 to the....

MBTI CENTRAL FUND DRIVE! LET'S GET A SERVER, Y'ALL!

MBTI Central needs to raise $750 this weekend. I urge you to consider the enjoyment you derive from this forum, compare it to the enjoyment you could derive if it worked all the time, and give accordingly. If nothing else, give to shut me up.

Be on the lookout in this thread for applicable links, a donation meter, and maybe even some fun incentives. Watch this space!

EDIT! EDIT! EDIT! EDIT! EDIT! EDIT! EDIT! EDIT! EDIT!

The link to donate is here, or at the bottom of any page on the forum.

ANY amount is welcome! As little or as much as you feel comfortable giving.

Please PM an admin with your transaction number when you donate, so that we can verify the donations.

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Ivy; 05-02-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Maybe you should offer locks of your thick, lovely hair to people as an incentive if they donate over some dollar amount.

I have 5 beautiful Spam Museum postcards (all different!) from my epic travels that I would send to people as incentives, complete with a signed personal message of their choice.

And for that especially generous philanthropist, I have one pair of toddler socks from Rock 'n' Roll McDonald's in Owatonna, MN. What's so special about these socks? Well, these are the very socks worn by yours truly at that very McDonald's! Don't waste your money bidding on Gary Coleman's pants on eBay. Instead, give that money to a good cause, and get yourself some Martoon's celebrity footwear! Your friends will see you in a whole new light!*

I'll leave it to our capable madmins to assign incentive value to these invaluable items.

* No guarantees expressed or implied as to favorability of said light.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Okay $750's not a lot when you have over 500 active members. Let's just say that 100 members donate $25 each, what happens to the remaining $1750? If $750 is our goal then maybe we should take whatever anyone wants to donate, then if we are falling short by Saturday evening kick things into high gear. Just a thought.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Also do we need to announce how much we're giving? imo it's very tacky. Can't we just give what we give and leave it at that? I am very optimistic that we'll easily reach our goal without putting too much pressure on our members and as a community I know we can all come together and knock this thing out.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Let's just say that 100 members donate $25 each, what happens to the remaining $1750?
    Vodka?

Actually, it would remain in the account to pay licensing fees, add-ons, and the taxes I will have to shell out to cover the revenue generated via this fund drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Also do we need to announce how much we're giving? imo it's very tacky.
    No. And. . . agreed.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is a good idea. I am ready and willing.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd need to know acceptable methods of payment
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Likely paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Be on the lookout in this thread for applicable links, a donation meter, and maybe even some fun incentives. Watch this space!

MBTI
    INFP

Paypal link from INTPc:

INTP Central

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Vodka?
    lol. Sounds fair to me. Servers run on bandwidth, admins run on Vodka. Run out of either, and we're all screwed.

Actually, it would remain in the account to pay licensing fees, add-ons, and the taxes I will have to shell out to cover the revenue generated via this fund drive.
    Yeah, I don't see a problem having overflow in the account. I don't see the activity on either site fizzling out any time soon, so it'll get used up eventually covering ongoing costs into the future.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.