Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    I've been active in forums ever since I am 12 (I am 24 now). I've been active in typology forums for 5 years. It's not so much that I am a 'technical' newbie as far as how forum works, but rather THIS FORUM'S specifics are confusing as fuck.

For example, nowhere in the FAQ is it stated that I need 50 posts to browse 'The Lounge'. This became quite confusing because I used to be able to see it (and I even posted there), but all of a sudden it was taken away. Granted, I hadn't browsed this forum in a while, but I could not find any information about this anywhere until I was able to run into a moderator in Ventrilo.

Additionally, finding the instructions on how to use Ventrilo was only possible when I went to GOOGLE, and used the query 'site:www.typologycentral.com Ventrilo', because, again, this information wasn't easy to access from the main forum.

These are the issues that I mean. I don't want to be considered a 'mentee' because it's not like I can't do the basic stuff like 'how to post an image'. Even the moderator who helped me seemed to not know the answer for the first thing from the top of its head. So what tells me that an average user now named a 'mentor' will know the answer?

I propose that these, and other common issues, are answered in a thread and stickied in the 'Welcome' sub-forum.
    This is a good idea.

I'm going to start a thread on it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This is a good idea.

I'm going to start a thread on it.
    Here: Questions from Noobs.

MBTI
    yupp

can we volunteer other people?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

I'm up for it. Type doesn't really matter.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Mentoring can take two forms - we can be mentored to learn or we can be mentored to unlearn.

Unlearning though becomes a political matter - for we have to decide what we wish to unlearn.

Also unlearning is disorientating, cognitively dissonant and emotionally painful - so it is not for the fainthearted.

So learning is for those who want to belong, who want to feel good, who want to have high self esteem, want to know where they are going, and know it is all about them, while unlearning is for the mensch.

MBTI
    ----

i'd like victor to be my mentor.

Hate

I choose @strawberriesfor my mentor, and by mentor I also mean lawyer. I assume this mentor ship covers 24/7 legal counsel as well? Life would be so much easier for me if I could just defer to my pit bull attorney all day.

This is a glimpse of what my life would look like with strawberries as my mentor.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_CL4Mrcq0"]-[/YOUTUBE]

Equal Mentoring

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i'd like victor to be my mentor.
    And I'd like Strawberries to be my mentor. We could mentor each other. So equality is the first thing we both learn.

So you can see what I need to learn even better than me, so what do you think I need to learn, and how would you teach me, and how would you know I learnt it?

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm. I could. Then again maybe not... I wouldn't call it abuse of power, but.... It's definitely not the best use of power. Why not?