User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

This forum is certainly confusing o.O

There are a lot of post count restrictions, and the answers aren't that easy to find.
    Ti-Dominant
    5w6 sx/sp; ILE

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post

There are a lot of post count restrictions, and the answers aren't that easy to find.
    and here, dear new person, is the official thread in which to volunteer yourself as a mentee

and I'm still not sure if that's a word or not
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

i was thinking if you had an infraction in the last 6 months wouldn't you be a good mentor, because youd know what not to do? either way I still don't want to be a mentor.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

garbage

Can you expound upon what you're thinking as far as post count restrictions and finding answers to questions? If that's the impression that the forum gives off to new members, then we could certainly stand to improve--we certainly don't want to be confusing.

For example, we could update the FAQ with the most important answers to questions, including what post counts actually mean.

Also: Perhaps 'mentors' and 'mentees' should volunteer as such (just as they are doing now), but mentors should reach out to the mentees rather than the other way around.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

This doesn't sound very plausible, does it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Can you expound upon what you're thinking as far as post count restrictions and finding answers to questions? If that's the impression that the forum gives off to new members, then we could certainly stand to improve--we certainly don't want to be confusing.

For example, we could update the FAQ with the most important answers to questions, including what post counts actually mean.

Also: Perhaps 'mentors' and 'mentees' should volunteer as such (just as they are doing now), but mentors should reach out to the mentees rather than the other way around.
    I've been active in forums ever since I am 12 (I am 24 now). I've been active in typology forums for 5 years. It's not so much that I am a 'technical' newbie as far as how forum works, but rather THIS FORUM'S specifics are confusing as fuck.

For example, nowhere in the FAQ is it stated that I need 50 posts to browse 'The Lounge'. This became quite confusing because I used to be able to see it (and I even posted there), but all of a sudden it was taken away. Granted, I hadn't browsed this forum in a while, but I could not find any information about this anywhere until I was able to run into a moderator in Ventrilo.

Additionally, finding the instructions on how to use Ventrilo was only possible when I went to GOOGLE, and used the query 'site:www.typologycentral.com Ventrilo', because, again, this information wasn't easy to access from the main forum.

These are the issues that I mean. I don't want to be considered a 'mentee' because it's not like I can't do the basic stuff like 'how to post an image'. Even the moderator who helped me seemed to not know the answer for the first thing from the top of its head. So what tells me that an average user now named a 'mentor' will know the answer?

I propose that these, and other common issues, are answered in a thread and stickied in the 'Welcome' sub-forum.
    Ti-Dominant
    5w6 sx/sp; ILE

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've been active in forums ever since I am 12 (I am 24 now). I've been active in typology forums for 5 years. It's not so much that I am a 'technical' newbie as far as how forum works, but rather THIS FORUM'S specifics are confusing as fuck.

For example, nowhere in the FAQ is it stated that I need 50 posts to browse 'The Lounge'. This became quite confusing because I used to be able to see it (and I even posted there), but all of a sudden it was taken away. Granted, I hadn't browsed this forum in a while, but I could not find any information about this anywhere until I was able to run into a moderator in Ventrilo.

Additionally, finding the instructions on how to use Ventrilo was only possible when I went to GOOGLE, and used the query 'site:www.typologycentral.com Ventrilo', because, again, this information wasn't easy to access from the main forum.

These are the issues that I mean. I don't want to be considered a 'mentee' because it's not like I can't do the basic stuff like 'how to post an image'. Even the moderator who helped me seemed to not know the answer for the first thing from the top of its head. So what tells me that an average user now named a 'mentor' will know the answer?

I propose that these, and other common issues, are answered in a thread and stickied in the 'Welcome' sub-forum.
    I do believe that a mentor is there to guide a person through more than just the technicalities of posting on the forum... also here in order to inform someone of social dynamics on the forum- i.e. what topics are troll topics, how to ruffle or avoid ruffling feathers, when is necromancy a good thing and when it's just plain annoying, when it's wise to fold or hold one's ground without being smacked on the wrist and useful things of that sort... nothing so basic as the posting of images and such
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Society

so... am i still a newb? because i am not sure about the visitor message restrictions... with some people you can and some you can't. what's going on with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    so... am i still a newb? because i am not sure about the visitor message restrictions... with some people you can and some you can't. what's going on with that?
    Some people restrict visitor message visibility to people on their friends' list; others disable them completely. You can do it by going to your User CP.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    Some people restrict visitor message visibility to people on their friends' list; others disable them completely. You can do it by going to your User CP.
    thanks