First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

She gave me three infractions. I am genuinely grateful for them. I now have an easy link to some of my favorite posts. Thank you, @Ivy! I will forever be humble in your presence!

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ok, that's a start...

It's even got an interesting haiku-like feel to it as well...

Any other takers? Who's willing to eulogize our fair Ivy?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Any other takers? Who's willing to eulogize our fair Ivy?
    The short history is that she was a member, and honorary INTP, at INTP Central. Since that site was the first of its kind, a lot of non-INTPs were attracted to the site in order to learn about MBTI, since they didn't have a lot of options to do that elsewhere. When they began to sign up there with greater consistency, Div created a site for other types. However, after building the site to numbers that were greater than INTPc, Div went a little power crazy which ended with him closing the site one day without notice. At that point, INTPc was inundated with nons which caused a very large problem for the happy INTP residents of INTPc. At that point, fc, Hustler, Ivy, and myself brainstormed a solution for the problem. We decided that the best solution - to my dismay - was to create a new home for the nons. However, that first attempt failed because we tried to0 hard to stay away from influencing the site. Then we reconvened, kicked the folks off that site and set it back up with Ivy, Mac, and myself at the helm. Mac and I stayed away, basically, and Ivy was left to influence the direction of the site. Because of that strategy, and a few other ideas in between, the site took off and the second incarnation was successful (of course, all the Mods along the way have all contributed to the success of the forum, minus Zerg and Edahn).

In the beginning, as is true now, I basically stayed away from the site in an effort to keep from influencing an NT direction for what would essentially be an non-NT site - which is how it started out. The person we trusted and left to do most of the management work was Ivy. The beauty of how successful her efforts were is the fact that the culture she influenced will live on as she moves on to new interests in her life. She will always be here even if she's not here.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    It's short for non-INTP.
    It's hilarious that there's a terse little pet name for it.

MBTI
    INTj

Thank you.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

The short history is that she was a member, and honorary INTP, at INTP Central. Since that site was the first of its kind, a lot of non-INTPs were attracted to the site in order to learn about MBTI, since they didn't have a lot of options to do that elsewhere. When they began to sign up there with greater consistency, Div created a site for other types. However, after building the site to numbers that were greater than INTPc, Div went a little power crazy which ended with him closing the site one day without notice. At that point, INTPc was inundated with nons which caused a very large problem for the happy INTP residents of INTPc. At that point, fc, Hustler, Ivy, and myself brainstormed a solution for the problem. We decided that the best solution - to my dismay - was to create a new home for the nons. However, that first attempt failed because we tried to hard too stay away from influencing the site. Then we reconvened, kicked the folks off that site and set it back up with Ivy, Mac, and myself at the helm. Mac and I stayed away, basically, and Ivy was left to influence the direction of the site. Because of that strategy, and a few other ideas in between, the site took off and the second incarnation was successful (of course, all the Mods along the way have all contributed to the success of the forum, minus Zerg and Edahn).

In the beginning, as is true now, I basically stayed away from the site in an effort to keep from influencing an NT direction for what would essentially be an non-NT site - which is how it started out. The person we trusted and left to do most of the management work was Ivy. The beauty of how successful her efforts were is the fact that the culture she influenced will live on as she moves on to new interests in her life. She will always be here even if she's not here.
    That's a great story. Thanks for sharing this.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

figsfiggyfigs

I'm not surprised, she's become very busy with life in the last year, especially after she picked up roller durby.

MBTI
    INTP

Aw, Ivy, I will miss you as a Madmin, and I've already been missing your posts! I'm glad life is going great for you right now, though, and I hope you'll keep me updated on your derby adventures!!!
    Something Witty

Ivy, you are a model for me. Its beautiful that you have accomplished so much and are getting the opportunity to shine in something you have always wanted. All the best to you.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

The short history is that she was a member, and honorary INTP, at INTP Central. Since that site was the first of its kind, a lot of non-INTPs were attracted to the site in order to learn about MBTI, since they didn't have a lot of options to do that elsewhere. When they began to sign up there with greater consistency, Div created a site for other types. However, after building the site to numbers that were greater than INTPc, Div went a little power crazy which ended with him closing the site one day without notice. At that point, INTPc was inundated with nons which caused a very large problem for the happy INTP residents of INTPc. At that point, fc, Hustler, Ivy, and myself brainstormed a solution for the problem. We decided that the best solution - to my dismay - was to create a new home for the nons. However, that first attempt failed because we tried to0 hard to stay away from influencing the site. Then we reconvened, kicked the folks off that site and set it back up with Ivy, Mac, and myself at the helm. Mac and I stayed away, basically, and Ivy was left to influence the direction of the site. Because of that strategy, and a few other ideas in between, the site took off and the second incarnation was successful (of course, all the Mods along the way have all contributed to the success of the forum, minus Zerg and Edahn).

Wow! I'm still relatively new here, so I didn't know this history. My thanks to Ivy for her part in building a great site!
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga