User Tag List

12311 Last

Exclamation Jennifer & Fidelia Step Down as Madmins

@Jennifer and @fidelia have been institutions as Admin and Super Moderator at Typology Central for a very long time. But beyond that they have also been wonderful contributing forum members. Now they choose to step down from their Madmin positions, I sincerely hope that Fidelia and Jennifer will continue to participate on the forum and I thank them so much for tackling all the behind the scenes work that keeps Typology Central a place in which so many of us find connections and to which we regularly return. Thank you, Jennifer and Fidelia, and all the best to you in every endeavor.

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

We shall miss their moderation and administration. Perhaps we should throw a farewell party? I'll bring the drinks, party hats, and illegal fireworks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Well this is rather unfortunate... they were quite good.

Cheers, Jennilicious. Thanks for all you have done over the years.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Firebombsworks are good, Doug.

... and now, because I'm weird aside from having a tolkien fetish:

My dear peopleses, my dear INTPs and ENTPs , and my dear ENTJs and INFJs and ENFPs and INTJs and all those other crazy types and enneagrammers and socionic-kers and Big Fivers and and John Beebeans, and Rationalitists and Artisanisans and Traditionalities and Idealismists, and Brandybucks and Grubbs and Chubbs, and Phlegmisms and Cholerisists and Sanguinistas and Melancholias, and self-preservationals and sexualities and socialites, and Oldhamianians... among others too much of a mouthful to note here:

I hope you are all enjoying yourselves as much as I am.

I shall not keep you long. I have called you all together for a Purpose.....

Indeed, for Three Purposes! First of all, to tell you that I am immensely fond of you all, and that five years is too long a time to moderate such excellently and admirably questionable personality types, which is why I have left at four years and eight months.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve, and I expect that more than half of you will be less than half as certain over what I only half meant in this half of my sentence as opposed to the earlier half, but that is as we should expect amid this kind of sentimental gobbledygook that one is not expected to understand but simply embrace with impulsive tears and maniacal laughter.

Secondly, to celebrate my emancipation. or I should say: OUR emancipation. For it is, of course, also the emancipation of my friend and co-staffer Fidelia. She escapes into the wilderness today along with me, albeit into a completely different area of wilderness where they often do not even speak Americanese and it gets frosty cold until the tip of your nose falls off, which is gosh-darned-difficult to mask with coverup, and for that I truly feel sorry for her. But at least she gets good jam on toast, as well as randy bears and magnificent pine trees and a damned good Olympic hockey team, so she needs to just be happy with that and let off now without buggering the issue any further...

It is also, if I may be allowed to refer to ancient history, the anniversary of my first discovering the MBTI a good fifteen years ago, though the fact that it was my anniversary is likely a mistatement since I have no real idea of what day I first heard of those eponymous letters MBTI, but today seems as good to celebrate that day as any. I was only twenty-seven then, and anniversaries did not seem so important, especially since today I am still only twenty-seven for the seventeenth time. The MBTI book was very splendid, however, though I had a bad cold at the time, I remember, and could only say "goghdannit!" every time I sneezed into its crisp pages and had to wipe them off carefully with a tissue so that the binding would not stick. I now repeat it more correctly: Goshdarnit that today is yet ANOTHER day to sneeze at, but what can you do?

Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. But I think I already did, so now I no longer know what to say... except how the blazes did this plain gold ring get in my pocketses?? Hmmm....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Sniffles

Sorry to hear this.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Artisanisans
    Artisans!

-end of thread-

Godspeed(s n get's no tickets)
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... and now, because I'm weird aside from having a tolkien fetish:
    Best speech evah!
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve, and I expect that more than half of you will be less than half as certain over what I only half meant in this half of my sentence as opposed to the earlier half, but that is as we should expect amid this kind of sentimental gobbledygook that one is not expected to understand but simply embrace with impulsive tears and maniacal laughter.
    Priceless.

This is a significant event in the TypoC calendar. The Gods demand perm bans sacrifices. You don't wanna fool around with them.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ummm...I'm not sure about this... Jennifer has been a madmin every since I've been here and fidelia has been for a while too... Now I'm confused...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett