User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Site Funds

MBTI
    INTj

Default Site Funds

Well people, the site's cash accountant is down to $12 after this month's hosting payment. And after a long period of contemplation (about five minutes) I have decided that you guys need to pay the $55 a month instead of me - to be fair, I have only paid it a few times in total, but I have paid it the last two months.

So what does this mean? Well, it means that donations need to be received for a minimum total of $55 a month. If that doesn't occur, then I will have to run Adsense to pay for site costs. And I know no one wants that . . . including me - seems like a headache.

The bottom line is that you guys are not worth $55 a month to me. I would go as high as $10, but that's probably stretching it by a couple dollars. Therefore, I hope the site means more to you than it does to me.

Lastly, I will do a monthly accounting and post the ending account balance and the monthly transactions in this thread so everyone will know when donations are necessary and when they are not.

Cheers.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    yupp

55 people have to donate $1 I can't do math so that's as far as I can get. and there's more than 55 people active on the site. I'll donate 10

wait why can't i use my credit card? I don't know my bank routing number and i don't know where my checks are
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTj

Thank you.

I guess I'll talk to you again in ten months.
    Haight

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Haight, if you don't mind waiting until after Christmas then Falcarius will make a $30 donation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    The bottom line is that you guys are not worth $55 a month to me. I would go as high as $10, but that's probably stretching it by a couple dollars. Therefore, I hope the site means more to you than it does to me.

I think I have a touch of hetero man-love. That or its just from the meatloaf I had for lunch.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Haight, if you don't mind waiting until after Christmas then Falcarius will make a $30 donation.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    I think I have a touch of hetero man-love.
    Haight

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

As a professional webmaster myself, I would like to make a suggestion regarding using AdSense in some capacity. There is a way to do it without it affecting existing users.

I don't know the specific plug-ins, as I haven't use VBulletin in quite some time, but I know there is a way to make it work so that that ads only appear for people who aren't logged in.

I think this would be a perfectly viable solution to help built some revenue to pay for the site, while at the same time not being intrusive to the regulars, which is clearly something you don't want.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Well people, the site's cash accountant is down to $12 after this month's hosting payment. And after a long period of contemplation (about five minutes) I have decided that you guys need to pay the $55 a month instead of me - to be fair, I have only paid it a few times in total, but I have paid it the last two months.

So what does this mean? Well, it means that donations need to be received for a minimum total of $55 a month. If that doesn't occur, then I will have to run Adsense to pay for site costs. And I know no one wants that . . . including me - seems like a headache.

Lastly, I will do a monthly accounting and post the ending account balance and the monthly transactions in this thread so everyone will know when donations are necessary and when they are not.

Cheers.
    Dr. Haight,

Are you sure you're not an ISTJ?
    This accounting stuff is very ISTJ-ish, you know.
    Halla will gladly shell out some of his "dollahs" for the greater good of TypC.
    Thanks for footing the bill as you have, Sir.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTj

Most people think I'm psychic. Does that answer your question?
    Haight

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    I don't know the specific plug-ins, as I haven't use VBulletin in quite some time, but I know there is a way to make it work so that that ads only appear for people who aren't logged in.
    Yep, here's the link
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching