User Tag List

First 14222324

Thread: Site Funds

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What's going on with donations? Haight would raise this topic every Fall without compunction, but I can't imagine highlander taking that same approach. I'm not even seeing a donate option anymore in the top of the page.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    What's going on with donations? Haight would raise this topic every Fall without compunction, but I can't imagine highlander taking that same approach. I'm not even seeing a donate option anymore in the top of the page.
    I'm just paying the bills myself. People don't donate unless we do some kind of drive such as Haight did.

I've been meaning to bring back the donate button.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think that's a good idea. With the amount of members, it seems needless to carry it all yourself!

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Yep.

FWIW, I found it helpful to hear how much the site cost to run for about a year (since this fundraising took place at year intervals), because that helped me come up with an amount to donate that seemed relatively commensurate.

(eta) I take it back, I guess it there maybe was some compunction:

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post

I hate raising money. Not quite as much as I hated paying the bills myself . . . but close.
    But he had a way of saying "Listen up assholes, I'm not paying for this myself" and making it funny. I can't see highlander doing the same thing, so I thought I'd at least ask where the donate button went. The leaves starting to turn outside is actually starting remind me it's 'that typo c donation time of the year'.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think that's a good idea. With the amount of members, it seems needless to carry it all yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    ^Yep.

FWIW, I found it helpful to hear how much the site cost to run for about a year (since this fundraising took place at year intervals), because that helped me come up with an amount to donate that seemed relatively commensurate.

(eta) I take it back, I guess it there maybe was some compunction:

But he had a way of saying "Listen up assholes, I'm not paying for this myself" and making it funny. I can't see highlander doing the same thing, so I thought I'd at least ask where the donate button went. The leaves starting to turn outside is actually starting remind me it's 'that typo c donation time of the year'.
    Thank you for raising this. Let me think about it, or possibly come up with a different idea .

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639