User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Thread: Site Funds

MBTI
    INTj

It is that time again, people.

The site needs to be upgraded again. Hence, the license has to be renewed, the upgrade needs to be purchased, someone needs to get paid for doing the upgrade (although we have enough to cover that cost, currently), and the web hosting funds are down to four months of budget left. Meaning, we would like that filled up for a year so we don't have to do this again in December. Which means we need about 1k.

License: 200+
    Upgrade: 200
    Hosting: (12 months) 660

Give until it hurts!*

*legal notice: this is a figure of speech. Don't actually give until you feel physical pain. Mental anguish and financial stress if fine. But don't actually, physically hurt yourself while clicking on the Donate button and transferring funds via Paypal. But if you think that could in fact happen, please video the transaction and post a thread about it. That seems entertaining for some reason.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Holy shit, 1k.

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ISTP

What kind of hardware is this site sitting on, how much bandwidth is it using, and what hosting company is being used? Are the bottlenecks in forum performance due to lack of CPU? Can we get some CPU and bandwidth utilization graphs over longer periods of time? I'm more than happy to donate if you guys are running an efficient operation. However, not staying up to date with security patches leading to us getting hacked has me wondering...

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Holy shit, 1k.

It's about that every year that there is an upgrade (about every 3 years). The other years it is 650+ and the 100 for Vent.
    Haight

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by mingularity View Post
    What kind of hardware is this site sitting on, how much bandwidth is it using, and what hosting company is being used? Are the bottlenecks in forum performance due to lack of CPU? Can we get some CPU and bandwidth utilization graphs over longer periods of time? I'm more than happy to donate if you guys are running an efficient operation. However, not staying up to date with security patches leading to us getting hacked has me wondering...
    More money . . . less questions.
    Haight

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    More money . . . less questions.
    I'll pass. I enjoy the site but I have already complained about site performance and it appears that you've let a group of Syrian hackers steal the site database, including our password hashes. Now they can run offline attacks on our passwords and use those passwords to log in to any site in which they can infer our username and in which we've used the same password.

More answers or no $.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm in a rather generous mood, so I decided to donate $20 bucks.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by mingularity View Post
    I'll pass. I enjoy the site but I have already complained about site performance and it appears that you've let a group of Syrian hackers steal the site database, including our password hashes. Now they can run offline attacks on our passwords and use those passwords to log in to any site in which they can infer our username and in which we've used the same password.

More answers or no $.
    Wrong thread, nOOb. Take it up with someone else and somewhere else.
    Haight

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Wrong thread, nOOb. Take it up with someone else and somewhere else.
    I already started a thread about site performance, which was ignored. Then the site was hacked and my password hash stolen. For all you know these hashes have already been cracked and bank accounts are being accessed. And now you're here asking for money and displaying a remarkably autistic lack of empathy? I'll pass.

MBTI
    INTj

Got it. Thanks.
    Haight