User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 189

  1. #21
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    How do I take a screenshot of the full page? Does hitting the Print Screen button copy the full page?
    I copied and pasted into Outlook Express. That way I still have the links to my posts.

  2. #22
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Wait, I don't understand... what's wrong with the reputation system now? I thought it was just a way for people to comment on posts they appreciate without having to reply and take up space in the thread.
    Super-short version: the green bars topped out. They're intended to reflect contribution, but right now everyone's bars are maxed out because some people have accumulated too much reputation. The system just needs to be calibrated so we can judge our peers with greater ease and accuracy.

    Edit: Don't worry everyone, everything will be fine.

    NOTHING WILL BE FINE.

  3. #23
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Ah, I see. So we're just concerned about the accumulation of little green boxes. They've become over-inflated and now everyone has lots of little green boxes, which makes it harder to decide who's the coolest and legitimately has the most little green boxes.

    Well okay then.

    I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do. I just like being able to shoot comments to people who made some post I liked without filling a thread full of "I agree/haha/etc." fluff.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  4. #24
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do. I just like being able to shoot comments to people who made some post I liked without filling a thread full of "I agree/haha/etc." fluff.
    That function will definitely be maintained.
    (That's how I use the rep system personally, too.)

    PS. EDAHN'S JUST NOT RIGHT ...
    ...IN THE HEAD!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #25
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Ah, I see. So we're just concerned about the accumulation of little green boxes. They've become over-inflated and now everyone has lots of little green boxes, which makes it harder to decide who's the coolest and legitimately has the most little green boxes.

    Well okay then.

    I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do. I just like being able to shoot comments to people who made some post I liked without filling a thread full of "I agree/haha/etc." fluff.
    Exactly.

    P.S. haha

  6. #26
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Ok since no one else is, I will come up with some levels.

  7. #27
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    but right now everyone's bars are maxed out because some people have accumulated too much reputation. The system just needs to be calibrated so we can judge our peers with greater ease and accuracy.

    Edit: Don't worry everyone, everything will be fine.
    just a thought. Who defines "too much"? And perhaps some people have that much reputation because they deserve that much. It isn't as though anyone is using a double id and repping themselves, is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do. I just like being able to shoot comments to people who made some post I liked without filling a thread full of "I agree/haha/etc." fluff.
    I agree.



    primarily, that's what i use the rep system for, too. to avoid frequent derailments.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  8. #28
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    ...perhaps some people have that much reputation because they deserve that much.

    Um..... no.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #29
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Well, I don't have a problem with this change, thankfully. I just wish you had reset the comments and rep points the last time you changed the system... but I'm sure you know that by now.

  10. #30
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    just a thought. Who defines "too much"? And perhaps some people have that much reputation because they deserve that much. It isn't as though anyone is using a double id and repping themselves, is it?
    It's not that they're receiving too much reputation credit. A good post is a good post. If you have friends who like to rep you to replace PMs, whatever*. I don't have a problem with that either, even though I try to avoid that myself.

    It's only too much in the sense that the amount of points a person receives is inflated. That, in turn, inflates the amount of rep-power they have. High reppers will rep their friends and have that rep returned, which leads to extremely high reps and rep power. The end result is the whole system becomes inflated, "tops out," and becomes compromised in the sense that it loses its meaning as a reputation-tracker.



    *heh, no pun intended.

Similar Threads

  1. Not fulfilling type ideals to the max
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 02:19 AM
  2. [Other] What do you think will happen to the world 50 years from now?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 02:23 PM
  3. Proposed Changes To the Codes (To Preclude J/P Confusion)
    By "?" in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
  4. How Seriously Do You Take the Rep System?
    By heart in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
  5. Do we have a "right" to the organs of the dead?
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO