User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    How do I take a screenshot of the full page? Does hitting the Print Screen button copy the full page?
    I copied and pasted into Outlook Express. That way I still have the links to my posts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Wait, I don't understand... what's wrong with the reputation system now? I thought it was just a way for people to comment on posts they appreciate without having to reply and take up space in the thread.
    Super-short version: the green bars topped out. They're intended to reflect contribution, but right now everyone's bars are maxed out because some people have accumulated too much reputation. The system just needs to be calibrated so we can judge our peers with greater ease and accuracy.

Edit: Don't worry everyone, everything will be fine.

NOTHING WILL BE FINE.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Ah, I see. So we're just concerned about the accumulation of little green boxes. They've become over-inflated and now everyone has lots of little green boxes, which makes it harder to decide who's the coolest and legitimately has the most little green boxes.

Well okay then.

I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do. I just like being able to shoot comments to people who made some post I liked without filling a thread full of "I agree/haha/etc." fluff.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do. I just like being able to shoot comments to people who made some post I liked without filling a thread full of "I agree/haha/etc." fluff.
    That function will definitely be maintained.
    (That's how I use the rep system personally, too.)

PS. EDAHN'S JUST NOT RIGHT ...
    ...IN THE HEAD!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ah, I see. So we're just concerned about the accumulation of little green boxes. They've become over-inflated and now everyone has lots of little green boxes, which makes it harder to decide who's the coolest and legitimately has the most little green boxes.

Well okay then.

Exactly.

P.S. haha

MBTI
    INFP

Ok since no one else is, I will come up with some levels.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    but right now everyone's bars are maxed out because some people have accumulated too much reputation. The system just needs to be calibrated so we can judge our peers with greater ease and accuracy.

Edit: Don't worry everyone, everything will be fine.
    just a thought. Who defines "too much"? And perhaps some people have that much reputation because they deserve that much. It isn't as though anyone is using a double id and repping themselves, is it?

I agree.

primarily, that's what i use the rep system for, too. to avoid frequent derailments.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    ...perhaps some people have that much reputation because they deserve that much.

Um..... no.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I don't have a problem with this change, thankfully. I just wish you had reset the comments and rep points the last time you changed the system... but I'm sure you know that by now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    just a thought. Who defines "too much"? And perhaps some people have that much reputation because they deserve that much. It isn't as though anyone is using a double id and repping themselves, is it?
    It's not that they're receiving too much reputation credit. A good post is a good post. If you have friends who like to rep you to replace PMs, whatever*. I don't have a problem with that either, even though I try to avoid that myself.

It's only too much in the sense that the amount of points a person receives is inflated. That, in turn, inflates the amount of rep-power they have. High reppers will rep their friends and have that rep returned, which leads to extremely high reps and rep power. The end result is the whole system becomes inflated, "tops out," and becomes compromised in the sense that it loses its meaning as a reputation-tracker.

*heh, no pun intended.