User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    But isn't this based on the fact that there is a lot of talk, with nothing truly being said by some as opposed to others having insightful and thought provoking post?
    What's insightful and thought provoking to one may be dull and boring to another, or even considered stupid and fluffy. What one gets out of a post made by another is ultimately skewed by the reader's view.

I could post jokes all day long that some people would consider fluff, while to others it could very well be thought provoking.

I have mixed feelings about rep points, but do not see it changing my posting habits. If I have something to say, I will say it and if not then it doesn't matter. Besides gauging how one receives rep points seems pointless and inconsistent. I can get them for being everyone's friend on the board or for providing what some considers insightful information to assist in determining type and understanding the system.
    I could care less about whether or not I have a row of green boxes or not. They won't change the way I post either. Most of my public posts are probably considered mainly "fluff" to some people. They can't see what I discuss with people off the boards in PM tho which is mainly where if they could view them they would see a lot of my less "fluffy" discussions at least by their definition take place.

Frankly I am more concerned if whether I will ever be able to sustain an avatar or do I need to change my ID name?
    Avatar is your choice, tho your ID name is a bit of a pain in the ass since parts of the board's software can't handle it properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think that I ever looked at the points and never considered how many I had until I noticed that they blossomed quickly. In the end it will not matter if we start over, since there will be those who accrue them at a greater rate and those who feel some skewed entitlement to having them.
    There will be no more accrual of points.
    Everyone will always have zero.
    The rep system will actually not be a rep system anymore, but only a quick messaging system.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    What's insightful and thought provoking to one may be dull and boring to another, or even considered stupid and fluffy. What one gets out of a post made by another is ultimately skewed by the reader's view.

I could post jokes all day long that some people would consider fluff, while to others it could very well be thought provoking.

I could care less about whether or not I have a row of green boxes or not. They won't change the way I post either. Most of my public posts are probably considered mainly "fluff" to some people. They can't see what I discuss with people off the boards in PM tho which is mainly where if they could view them they would see a lot of my less "fluffy" discussions at least by their definition take place.
    What did you say differently than I? There was consistency or rhyme or reason to how one received points, what one preferred to discuss could not dictate who responded and the lights will not change my posting habits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Avatar is your choice, tho your ID name is a bit of a pain in the ass since parts of the board's software can't handle it properly.
    What is the difference between this forum and INTPC?

sammy

Great job madmins

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

It's a good solution.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    There will be no more accrual of points.
    Everyone will always have zero.
    The rep system will actually not be a rep system anymore, but only a quick messaging system.
    Stupid.

Our administration has no imagination whatsoever.

If no points, why waste space with that silly grey box at the side?
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Self-entitlement towards services rendered without fee.

People fascinate me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I'm thinking it's part of the package and you can't get rid of it.
    Otherwise fc would have.

next question?

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Self-entitlement towards services rendered without fee.
    People fascinate me.
    You're right. We should really have a credit card on file for all members, to cover this sort of thing. Thanks for your idea!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Stupid.

Our administration has no imagination whatsoever.

Maybe fc could get rid of the box, but I don't know how to. You'd have to change the code.

But thanks for the broad criticism!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The only problem I have is that the comment lights in the User CP are gray. Shouldn't they still be green for positive rep and red for negative rep so people know how well-received the rep was if they don't leave a comment? Is there any way you can make the software change that?

EDIT: Or if that isn't an option, shouldn't it just be a rep that is only positive and not negative (i.e. getting rid of the "I disapprove" option and just keeping the "I approve" option)?