User Tag List

View Poll Results: Thanks to our Benefactors

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I donated to the Fundraiser!

    21 51.22%
  • I want people to think I donated to the Fundraiser.

    8 19.51%
  • Get a second job, Haight.

    12 29.27%
First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 188

Thread: Fundraiser 2010

  1. #101
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Call that detailed?
    Don't give up the day job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #102
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    And maybe you should give up your N and P.

    All the information regarding what the donations will be allocated toward are in the OP. Nothing has changed. And there are additional details via my exchange with Zaru???. Other than that, you're starting to sound like her and I don't what it is that you guys are seeking.

    But I do know this, you are wasting my time and I don't have a lot of it to waste.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  3. #103
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    And maybe you should give up your N and P.

    All the information regarding what the donations will be allocated toward are in the OP. Nothing has changed. And there are additional details via my exchange with Zaru???. Other than that, you're starting to sound like her and I don't what it is that you guys are seeking.

    But I do know this, you are wasting my time and I don't have a lot of it to waste.
    Wut?

    There's no need to be defensive.

    If you require the services of a part-time paid php programmer to customize the s/w, then it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask what those customizations are, specifically. You don't have to respond, but there's no need to get snippy about it.
    Presumably this isn't something that has been requested by the membership, but you're asking them to pay for it. So a greater degree of transparency is not an unreasonable expectation, is it?
    And if someone can't give you an estimate of how long the work is likely to take in advance, and a fixed price for completing it, you've probably hired the wrong someone.

    Ideally, you'd come to us with a budget - with a breakdown of all the costs incurred in running the site - and an suggested contribution per active member to cover those costs. That's more useful than rattling a can.
    Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #104
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Wut?

    There's no need to be defensive.
    Incorrect assumption #1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    If you require the services of a part-time paid php programmer to customize the s/w, then it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask what those customizations are, specifically.
    All the hacks and mods have to be re-installed and/or re-coded after the new upgrade is installed.

    There is a lot of customization to the code on both sites and the original customizers has a real job now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    You don't have to respond, but there's no need to get snippy about it.
    I'm not. Hence, incorrect assumption #2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Presumably this isn't something that has been requested by the membership, but you're asking them to pay for it.
    Incorrect assumption #3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    And if someone can't give you an estimate of how long the work is likely to take in advance, and a fixed price for completing it, you've probably hired the wrong someone.
    Thanks for your opinion.

    Refer to post 102 for my answer about numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Ideally, you'd come to us with a budget - with a breakdown of all the costs incurred in running the site - and an suggested contribution per active member to cover those costs. That's more useful than rattling a can.
    Just sayin.
    Again, this question was answered in my previous post.

    And I don't need your help in bumping this thead. If you think I do,then that's incorrect assumption #4.

    Please . . . I'm busy right now. Go away.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  5. #105
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    And I don't need your help in bumping this thead. If you think I do,then that's incorrect assumption #4.
    I'm guessing you don't need my help with bumping the thread either, but I figured its the least I could do... you know, aside from making this board interesting and exciting with my presence that is.



    I care... In my own, edgarish way.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  6. #106
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Why not allow banned members to buy their way back onto the forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #107
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Why not allow banned members to buy their way back onto the forum?
    Why not break into a neighbor's house and steal all their belongings?

  8. #108
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Why not break into a neighbor's house and steal all their belongings?
    Why not have Jaguar sell his blood?

    I think we can all agree that's an idea worth trying.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  9. #109
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Why not have Jaguar sell his blood?
    Why not have Edgar harvest eggs from his ovaries? Big money.

  10. #110
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Why not allow banned members to buy their way back onto the forum?
    We would, but trolls have no money. That's why they're trolls!

Similar Threads

  1. Your goals for 2010?
    By Feops in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 03:11 PM
  2. Make a wish for 2010
    By Queen Kat in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM
  3. 2010 World Cup Draw
    By pure_mercury in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 03:25 PM
  4. Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" - March 5, 2010
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
  5. Type and tele-fundraising
    By T-Guy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO