User Tag List

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Posting Other People's Material

We are sorry to say we recently had to dump a lot of material from our Enneagram subforum (basically the list of video references along with descriptions of each of the nine enneagram types) because we were contacted by the owner of the content, who revealed that the material had been housed in finished form on a private site and copied wholesale to our site without his permission.

Our policy on TypologyCentral is to enforce ownership of material wherever possible.

Maybe this is a great time to review those pesky "rules for acceptable use" we all had to learn while slouching in the backrow in high school English class, all while wishing we were doing something cooler like playing hooky in the amusement park, jet-skiing at a local lake, or sleeping in way past noon and glutting ourselves on cold pizza and flat soda:

• You can quote a paragraph in order to convey the point you want to make.
    • You can quote an excerpt of the text in question but then must link to the remaining material, where members can go to read the content in full. (If this happens to be a private site, too bad.)
    • If you can acquire permission from the author/owner of the material to print the material in full on this site, then do so but make sure to follow whatever rules they've laid down for use -- which typically means a link back to their site and a name credit, etc.
    • If you can compile that material and other material into a new work that is your own rather than blatantly derivative, then you can publish your new work here.

Please help us avoid this situation in the future -- not just because of liability we might face at breaking someone's ownership of material but because it also stinks to have to remove content that members have been responding to.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

SingSmileShine

Thank you for the announcement!

MBTI
    yupp

yeah most of the time people just like being asked first. that's how I am anyways. If i was a genius with a ton of ennegram stuff, I'd let people distribute it, but only if they asked me first.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Ginkgo

I'm confused.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm confused.
    Don't worry the cake.can do that
    In no likes experiment.

that is all