User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    I haven't posted much recently but I have been following this reputation system threads closely. Personally, I feel like this is a huge popularity contest. It's all about who has more point and who doesn't. I don't like it. I don't care if I'm popular, I just like being here so that I can learn about different mbti types and relate to more NT's. I have a hard time finding a group of people that I can relate to and that I can feel really would understand me.

Recently, I have lost that motivation to visit this site and post because I feel like everything I have to say is ignored. I feel more and more like I've entered a forum consisting of social cliques. I do not feel like I can relate to anyone anymore and I feel even less like I could talk to anyone. Most posts I have made in the last two weeks has basically been ignored and I found that the number of posts that I could relate to and share my thoughts on is lost. It greatly saddens me because for the first time in my life, I felt there was a place I could belong to and be accepted. I do not feel that anymore.

It's not that I have anything personally against the reputation system but I do think it's being used the wrong way. As many people stated (those with a lot of rep points and those without), mostly admit that most of their points were from "fluffy" posts - not from deep, intellectual and insightful posts. I'm sorry, I'm a rather serious person. I lack my many life experiences and although I'm serious, I like to listen and hear the many life stories people here have. I'm getting very little of that now. With people rewarding people with points for cute and funny posts, we lose the incentive to post what we really think and feel. I admit, I don't have many points, and it doesn't matter to me. But what does matter is that I find that I don't have anyone who cares about what I have to say anymore, things get derailed and lost. I don't have time to filter through everything and maybe if I did, I can find what I'm looking for again....

I've always have a hard time fitting in, because I never care to fit in. Maybe I'm too serious, but my purpose for joining mbtic was to find more people I could talk to and relate to. I liked sharing my thoughts and feelings with everyone and I like hearing about people's experiences. I learn that way because I was deprived of it. I lack self confidence and I want to say, this site has helped me start to get over it. But now, my posts are ignored and I fear that it will remain that way. There is too much emphasis on how many points one has and what their reputation they have. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can keep up, I have a lot to learn and I'm trying to do that.

I donno, maybe I'm the only one who sees this, but it could be my own interpretation on what this forum is....I've lost those threads/people that I can truly talk to and relate to. To me, the purpose of MBTIc is lost. That is what saddens me about this rep system - not the "fluff" or the points but the content and attitude that is now dominating this forum.

I know what you mean. People haven't really understood me, either. In real life, I've had to limit myself to the vocabulary I used at 7 and discussing tasks at hand to communicate with most people. They usually don't understand or care about what I'm trying to express otherwise. But I'm sad that you've gotten the impression that it's all about points now... not everyone's going to rely on or care about that, although I admit that some people might.

Substitute did bring up a valid point, and that's that I should try to create some more serious threads of my own rather than complaining about less serious ones. So... don't go just yet. Things have gone south a bit, but this happens in every community. There's no reason they can't turn back around. I'm going to see if I can find some more serious topics to post about. I'm not that creative and not good at thinking up topics, but I'll give it a try.

I really hope people don't just get/stay divided into cliques if that's really happening already (I haven't seen it much yet, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention.) I would prefer it if everyone would try to work together to keep everything going the way it should be. Just think about this quote from "Land of Confusion" by Genesis:

Too many people
    Making too many problems
    And not much love to go round
    Cant you see
    This is a land of confusion.

This is the world we live in
    And these are the hands were given
    Use them and lets start trying
    To make it a place worth living in.

This is the world we live in
    And these are the names were given
    Stand up and lets start showing
    Just where our lives are going to.

Think about that. Anyway, I have faith that we can fix whatever has gone wrong in the last few weeks, and find a solution everyone can live with. I know I almost left myself, but I've decided I don't want to give up that easily. Let's try to determine what's changed and how it's affecting people, without blaming anyone for it, and try to figure out how we should adjust things according to these changes.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

please don't anyone leave on account of what's been going on lately! Those of us deemed "fluffy" have quit posting fluff in serious threads and I do think that everyone here values the serious threads as well! I know that I don't always respond to them (I don't always have something that I can say on the matter, I can only comment on what I've experienced or know first hand sadly) but they are interesting and thought provoking to read!

I know that I've felt like leaving lately as well because of some comments that people have made that made me feel like my contributions weren't important and that I was merely a lightweight who was helping destroy this site by throwing things off-kilter. I genuinely feel bad if anyone feels that way because I'm not trying to spoil something that you guys love! I know that I can appear a bit air headed at times and tend to enjoy posting fluffy things- this helps me let off some steam after a long, boring and serious day- but please don't judge anyone based on that. Those of us who some feel are destroying things would be the first ones to walk over to you at a party and try and make you feel included, or as Elle Woods said "If you came to a sorority event I'd have at least been nice to you!"

This isn't an attack on anyone, so please don't take it that way- it's just a small request of can't we all just get along? Thank you to everyone who has tried to reach across what is apparently a divide- I really appreciate that and that's why I'm still here

I just wish that none of this had ever started because it seems to be making a lot of people feel a bit alienated

and Athenian? btw- I LOVE land of confusion!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm pretty displeased with the reputation system, and that's not just because I still have only one bar.

I like the comments I've gotten, but what's the need for these points, really?
    I just like the comments.
    More importantly, the amount of attention that this whole subject has drawn is taking away from the rest of the forum.
    It's becoming a forum for the reputation system.

Let's all talk at reputationsystemcentral.com
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I know what you mean. People haven't really understood me, either. In real life, I've had to limit myself to the vocabulary I used at 7 and discussing tasks at hand to communicate with most people. They usually don't understand or care about what I'm trying to express otherwise. But I'm sad that you've gotten the impression that it's all about points now... not everyone's going to rely on or care about that, although I admit that some people might.
    I'm not good at expressing myself and I don't know if there's anyone else here that might understand me anymore. If there is, maybe you can help put what I'm trying to say in clearer points for me.

I know what you are saying athenian, or at least I think I do. My personality type and the environment that I grew up in has suppressed who I am and left me feeling very lost and alone. It was until I met pt that I started to find myself. He introduced me to mbti and then he introduced me to MBTIc, with that, I have learned a lot about people and myself. I am still learning and I still need that feedback, those experiences and that interaction with others who really understand my "unique" thoughts and ideas. I've never had anyone to share my thoughts with until I met pt and until I met some of the people here on mbtic.

What I'm saying is that recently, since the reputation system has been implimented, I have found that I lack the people to really interact with me. I'm not accusing anyone for this, but I do feel that those people that I have found that I truly connected with have felt the same thing. We managed to lose each other in the many threads out there. I don't care about how many people agree with what I have to say or how many points I have. I care that I have people to talk to, to share my thoughts with (whether they really agree with me or not). I need that interaction, I need that exchange of different thoughts and ideas. Everyday, nice, cute topics I can get in real life, the deeper, more contriversal topics I can't find easily. I'm not critisizing anyone who like or discuss lighter topics - I'm just saying that this is why I came here and not to any other forum.

Substitute did bring up a valid point, and that's that I should try to create some more serious threads of my own rather than complaining about less serious ones. So... don't go just yet. Things have gone south a bit, but this happens in every community. There's no reason they can't turn back around. I'm going to see if I can find some more serious topics to post about. I'm not that creative and not good at thinking up topics, but I'll give it a try.
    Yes, Substitute does bring up a valid point. I have tried that and I know other people here have too. What happens is it does get lost and as more than one person have said, we all don't have the time or want to spend the effort in scrolling through all the posts to find something that we can truly relate to and discuss. If you take a look, it's not just me or you, the number of contraversal, serious and insightful threads have decreased and I don't think it's because people don't try to have it. It just gets lost and brushed off. When you have enough of your posts basically ignored, the motivation to post questions and ideas drop. Why post when you can't even get that interaction you were looking for. That is what I say have changed and that is not because you and I are the only ones who can't post enough serious threads. Once again, I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, this is what I've been encountering and seeing - I don't mean it as a critism for anyone. The culture here has changed, that is all.

I really hope people don't just get/stay divided into cliques if that's really happening already (I haven't seen it much yet, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention.) I would prefer it if everyone would try to work together to keep everything going the way it should be....
    Think about that. Anyway, I have faith that we can fix whatever has gone wrong in the last few weeks, and find a solution everyone can live with. I know I almost left myself, but I've decided I don't want to give up that easily. Let's try to determine what's changed and how it's affecting people, without blaming anyone for it, and try to figure out how we should adjust things according to these changes.
    I'm not saying I'm leaving, I'm not going to do that yet. I recognize this is a trial period and that maybe people need to adjust to it. I just noticed a change in this forum culture and I have personally felt like my interactions with people here has been lost. I have no where else to go right now and I can only hope that I can find that connection again with people. If not, I guess I'll still have pt to bounce my thoughts off of.

The cliques are here, and people are getting divided. People from both ends are being attacked and singled out - all because of the points/rep system. I'm not sure if this will last but feelings are being hurt and a lot of talk and emotions has been spent discussing the whole system.

Is this what we really want? MBTIc is a place, I thought, for the many different types to share their thoughts and ideas. Do we really need the rep system to help us with that? I didn't see a problem with what we had before, a place for everyone to share whatever they wanted. Do we really need to have these private comments sent to one another? Why can't we share our opinions opening with each other. Isn't that why we are here to start with? I welcome discussions and disagreements with me. I welcome the debates and the different views. I need that to learn, to experience and to grow. Why should we encourage these "behind the scenes" comments?

Since I posted my thoughts and views on this system, I've received a number of rep points. I'm not looking for that - to me, that is sympathy points. If you agree with me, please tell me in my posts, if you disagree, please tell me why. I need that feedback to learn. I have much to learn about this world and I find the people here did help me with that. Now everything is kept behind the scenes so we can't discuss that. Is that what we really want? Do we have the rep system because it's easier to comment on someone's post than doing a pm? Because, I see most point being given to those that are cute, are needing reassurance, are nice....I don't see many points given to those with insightful, deep, or interesting posts. I say this because you have seen how the topics and the threads that dominate this forum has changed. I'm not saying I don't welcome those threads, but what happened to the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    please don't anyone leave on account of what's been going on lately! Those of us deemed "fluffy" have quit posting fluff in serious threads and I do think that everyone here values the serious threads as well! I know that I don't always respond to them (I don't always have something that I can say on the matter, I can only comment on what I've experienced or know first hand sadly) but they are interesting and thought provoking to read!
    That's what I'm saying. No one, or at least not me, is pointing fingers at anyone. I have no problems with you posting what you feel or want to post. It's not that I think you don't appreciate the serious threads. You see, since the rep system has come into place, fingers are being pointed.

I don't mean to single you out whatever, but you feel it too. Don't you? I never mentioned your name or blamed you for what was happening, but yet you felt like I (and others) were talking about you. Why? Because your popular and you have a lot of points? Is it because people said something to you? Why do you feel like we blame you for this?

I don't and you should feel like you should have to change what you post on here. Really, you are cute and you are fun, you aren't attacking anyone and there should be no reason why you can't continue that.

I know that I've felt like leaving lately as well because of some comments that people have made that made me feel like my contributions weren't important and that I was merely a lightweight who was helping destroy this site by throwing things off-kilter. I genuinely feel bad if anyone feels that way because I'm not trying to spoil something that you guys love! I know that I can appear a bit air headed at times and tend to enjoy posting fluffy things- this helps me let off some steam after a long, boring and serious day- but please don't judge anyone based on that. Those of us who some feel are destroying things would be the first ones to walk over to you at a party and try and make you feel included, or as Elle Woods said "If you came to a sorority event I'd have at least been nice to you!"
    I recognize what you are saying and I too apoligize for those of us who feel the way we do and as a result, causing you to feel like your contributions aren't important. But that's my point, since the rep system has come in, the culture and environment has changed. It's not anyone's fault really, it's the fact that we are now rated on what we say. We are encouraged or discouraged by our points. It impacts all of us and it changes how we act. There may be those of us who deny the impact of the points, but it does affect us all - if it didn't, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. Many of us are singled out, attacked for our thoughts and feelings and we are divided.

Is this the purpose of the point rep system? Maybe it would be better if we didn't get points and we could just comment on people's post - but I don't think that possible. If it's not possible, then why are we considering having this system, so that more people get divided, so that more of us feel constrained in what we can talk about? I see more and more people having fingers pointed at them (from both sides of the fence - ones with lots of rep points and ones without). Before this system, we all got along, we all talked to and replied to post/threads we felt we can contribute to. Now, there is competition, there are hurt feelings, there are a lost in the entire mbtic culture. We have divided and we don't even know or recognize it!

This isn't an attack on anyone, so please don't take it that way- it's just a small request of can't we all just get along? Thank you to everyone who has tried to reach across what is apparently a divide- I really appreciate that and that's why I'm still here

I just wish that none of this had ever started because it seems to be making a lot of people feel a bit alienated

and Athenian? btw- I LOVE land of confusion!!!
    Thank you Whatever! You said it. You feel it, I feel it and I'm sure a lot of other people here feel it too. Maybe some didn't stick around like you or me to say it. People are feeling alienated. That's sad. For a forum that should welcome many different thoughts, ideas and personality types, why are we starting a system that will encourage the alienation of particular behaviours? Do we really need the system? We didn't seem to have a problem communicating with each other before. Yes, the comment system is convienent but is it necessary?

I too wish none of this had started because I don't like what I see, hear and feel here. I see you feel some of it too and so I have to ask the admins here, do we really want to continue this?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm pretty displeased with the reputation system, and that's not just because I still have only one bar.

More importantly, the amount of attention that this whole subject has drawn is taking away from the rest of the forum.

I agree with you Magic. Why do we have a system that is taking so much of the attention?

I hope I'm not pointing fingers now too. I'm just trying to understand and also point out the many feelings that I think is ignored right now. I thought this place was great and generally the environment here was quite peaceful and friendly. Now, that has changed and yet we are still considering keeping the rep system. I hope the admins and others see this other side to the system and see what an impact it really is making to the entire mbtic culture. I think feelings are indeed being ignored and hurt, for what though...

P.S. Sorry for the long post. I tend to be redundant....please forgive me.
    Sorry for any typos, spelling or grammer errors but I'm a bit preoccupied planning my wedding.
    Or if you want to read more about me and help me gain more insight to your world (I do need more experiences in life), feel free to skim through my blog.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    I don't care if I'm popular, I just like being here so that I can learn about different mbti types and relate to more NT's. I have a hard time finding a group of people that I can relate to and that I can feel really would understand me.
    That's how I feel, too.

Recently, I have lost that motivation to visit this site and post because I feel like everything I have to say is ignored. I feel more and more like I've entered a forum consisting of social cliques. I do not feel like I can relate to anyone anymore and I feel even less like I could talk to anyone. Most posts I have made in the last two weeks has basically been ignored and I found that the number of posts that I could relate to and share my thoughts on is lost. It greatly saddens me because for the first time in my life, I felt there was a place I could belong to and be accepted. I do not feel that anymore.
    I'm really sorry you have been feeling that way.

It's not that I have anything personally against the reputation system but I do think it's being used the wrong way. As many people stated (those with a lot of rep points and those without), mostly admit that most of their points were from "fluffy" posts - not from deep, intellectual and insightful posts. I'm sorry, I'm a rather serious person. I lack my many life experiences and although I'm serious, I like to listen and hear the many life stories people here have. I'm getting very little of that now. With people rewarding people with points for cute and funny posts, we lose the incentive to post what we really think and feel. I admit, I don't have many points, and it doesn't matter to me. But what does matter is that I find that I don't have anyone who cares about what I have to say anymore, things get derailed and lost. I don't have time to filter through everything and maybe if I did, I can find what I'm looking for again....
    I'm a serious person, too, so I understand what you're saying. I think that the forum will be going "back to normal" pretty soon. As with any "new toy" the majority of the people seem to have gathered around to play with it and see how it works, but I think the novelty will wear off shortly, and we can all settle in and get back to the business at hand.

What I have noticed in another forum where they use the reputation system is that "serious people" use the rep system one way, while "relational people" use the rep system another way. So while some people who are "serious" may have a 2 thousand points, other people who are just there for the online friendships have 6 million points! In that forum, an option is provided in the User CP to turn off rep points so that you cannot receive rep comments or points, which some people do.

I've always have a hard time fitting in, because I never care to fit in. Maybe I'm too serious, but my purpose for joining mbtic was to find more people I could talk to and relate to. I liked sharing my thoughts and feelings with everyone and I like hearing about people's experiences. I learn that way because I was deprived of it. I lack self confidence and I want to say, this site has helped me start to get over it. But now, my posts are ignored and I fear that it will remain that way. There is too much emphasis on how many points one has and what their reputation they have. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can keep up, I have a lot to learn and I'm trying to do that. ...
    The forums do the same thing for me. I learn about other people in a safe way, and I am learning that I am just as entitled to an opinion as anyone else... As I said, I think the emphasis will die down shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Anyway, I have faith that we can fix whatever has gone wrong in the last few weeks, and find a solution everyone can live with. I know I almost left myself, but I've decided I don't want to give up that easily. Let's try to determine what's changed and how it's affecting people, without blaming anyone for it, and try to figure out how we should adjust things according to these changes.
    Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I know that I can appear a bit air headed at times and tend to enjoy posting fluffy things- this helps me let off some steam after a long, boring and serious day- but please don't judge anyone based on that. ...
    Those kinds of posts are not against the rules here. There's even a section of this forum called "The Fluff Zone" where people can go and talk about anything they want, that doesn't happen to be MBTI related.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

I like the ability to write someone a quick private comment too, though I don't think they should stay anonymous. It's easier and faster than a PM. You're right about the points. The points become irrelevant if they're not really based on the "knowledge reputation" of that poster.

At the other forum I visit, I had to learn to not take the rep system seriously. It's obvious that it's used by all different types of people for all different kinds of reasons.

MBTI
    Infx

I wish I had the time to read everyone's thoughts, but as I am just taking a lunchbreak from packing to move tomorrow, I don't have time to respond to people's thoughts individually. But I would like to argue a couple points.

The only reason this has become such a big deal is because people are sitting here speculating. People are saying it's become a huge popularity contest, but I have not seen anyone who's "popular" flaunting this, outside of the couple threads in the fluff zone where it shouldn't be a problem, and still isn't *bragging* or saying they're better than anyone else for it. I haven't even seen people with low points complaining about it. It's a handful of people that are toying with the new option between themselves and therefore racking up points... not attempting to suck up and mooch them off of each other all across the forums. I consider myself one of the fluffers too. But the thing is.. I'm pretty sure we're a handful of giddy and excitable people who have connected and would be fluffing regardless of the rep system or not. Why don't the people who feel their threads are being derailed or their forums clogged with nonsense send the offenders a PM asking them to tone it down and contain it to the designated forums or their blogs instead of blaming the rep system?

I've also given several reps based on serious posts. I've received a couple too! Perhaps it's out of balance, but IMO people are acting like it hasn't been happening at all. I know for a fact that fluff is not all that's being rewarded.

I agree with some of the others who believe it's just new and will die down eventually. That's what I said in my first response to this all. If we all just stop complaining about the system as a whole, and each person just takes it into their own hands and tries to talk to who they need to in order to fix what they personally don't like, I think it'd work out quicker.

(Sorry if this is re-iterating anything that someone else has said or.. anything like that. Again, I apologize for speaking before I could really give the time to read up, but I wanted to comment before I lost the chance.)
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm reading that you have some aggression against people who write about difficult topics.

I wonder if you think that anyone writing difficult stuff tries to establish themselves at the top of the elite class or something.

Read my blog sometime, sparky. I've had "difficult" up to my eyeballs.

MEMO: Anyone grudging someone a laugh is a jerk.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP

I am also pretty new to this MBTI and it's fascinating to me, however I am not as technical as most here, so I find myself just "listening" to all of you rather than participating (I enjoy it very much, though, so don't stop!) I understand fluff well, so I can always give my 2-cents.

I'm usually very serious, and I am use to being ignored.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Read my blog sometime, sparky. I've had "difficult" up to my eyeballs.

MEMO: Anyone grudging someone a laugh is a jerk.
    Like "Don't you know who I am? Don't you know what I've written?"

I don't consider your posts so interesting that I would go searching for more. You might have neglected the possibility.

I'm not a native english speaker and my language skills fail for your last sentence, but it must have been some form of concentrated niceness.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Like "Don't you know who I am? Don't you know what I've written?"

I don't consider your posts so interesting that I would go searching for more. You might have neglected the possibility while basking in your own glory.

I'm not a native english speaker and my language skills fail for your last sentence, but it must have been some form of concentrated niceness.
    Pardon me. Was I not supposed to be laughing through that?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious