User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Oh, that works too! "Make a run for the (Canadian) border... make a run for targobell!"

Thanks, targs!

*giggles*

you are awfully sweet Obi....

thanks for making me smile today
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post

So. . Come over to the dark side. We have cookies.

ok, but only if they're peanut butter
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTj

The "dark side" is going to be The Graveyard if you guys don't stop derailing serious threads.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    The "dark side" is going to be The Graveyard if you guys don't stop derailing serious threads.
    edited.

Honestly, on the rep thing, I was upset to see the debate degenerate into a questioning of motives and agendas. It is boiling down to a difference based on principles and perspectives, if you wish. I'd hate to see the conflicts being taken personally - this will create a split in the board in the worst case.

So I'd rather we agreed to disagree and move on to more interesting conflicts of opinion vs wasting brain space on this. Which I'm glad to see is happening now.

Moving on, if I read the tone of the board correctly, the repping is mainly used to reward happy bunny posts (sorry Haight, we're cute). Pink, whatever and myself seem to be topping the list, and we're probably known for being wits vs having substance.

Personally, if I look at the comments I've received (over 40+), there's very few serious posts that are repped (yes, I have posted serious ones, meh).

Fluff is fun, but gets stale after a while. But a lack of fluff makes things less engaging. But if the votes are swinging in favour of the fluffies, perhaps it could also be an indictation that some light-heartedness was desired?

So to answer Jennifer's earlier point, I do agree that an (unwanted) side effect you may truly have is more fluff, if the pointing continues.

Ergo I stand by the earlier suggestion of removing the points and allowing the anon/known repping. Or instituting a regular review of this say 6 months down the road?

Afterall we only have 50+ votes from 1000+ active members, and perhaps this is insufficient voices with experience of the system to make a wise choice.
    Last edited by white; 12-12-2007 at 02:10 AM.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

If we're considered to be "fluffy" just because people like to talk to us, then that's wrong.

And enraging.

And WRONG.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't want to offend anyone by being fluffy! I've just been in the best mood lately and have exhuberently desired to share it with everyone!

I really think that all of the "fluffy" ones in question try our hardest to be inclusive and nice to everyone, and I know that I've seen all of the fluffs (or biker chicks or whatever!) post some real and serious posts! I actually like all of you guys I know that I'm probably the biggest offender and that you probably think I'm kind of an air head and I appologize for that I have a hard time grasping theory so I know I'm no help with anything of that sort really
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I think I have to reverse my earlier opinion on this. I'm not about to do a huge investigation into this, however I am now of the opinion that there is some causation effect going on that relates the two. I suspect, just by splitting off the types of posts, that those that make infrequent serious posts are not affected, but certain types of more frequent posters are being shifted. Since the normal 80/20 applies (and applies even more so to this board), the shift is more notable and quicker than I thought. I also suspect the break-in also came from the way it was implemented originally - this caused heavy up-front changes that I wouldn't of expected. Now I kind of wish I had stayed at/joined some reputation enabled forums to see how it played out in the long run. It's an awesome social experiment.
    I don't know WTF you just said, but I'm having a hard time trying to find a decent thread to post in over the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    If we're considered to be "fluffy" just because people like to talk to us, then that's wrong.

And enraging.

And WRONG.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't want to offend anyone by being fluffy! I've just been in the best mood lately and have exhuberently desired to share it with everyone!

I really think that all of the "fluffy" ones in question try our hardest to be inclusive and nice to everyone, and I know that I've seen all of the fluffs (or biker chicks or whatever!) post some real and serious posts! I actually like all of you guys I know that I'm probably the biggest offender and that you probably think I'm kind of an air head and I appologize for that I have a hard time grasping theory so I know I'm no help with anything of that sort really
    There are about seven people here that have been constantly derailing threads of the last 10 days or so. No one's trying to be the fun police, but when you try to have a semi-intelligent discussion and some totally irrelevant running gag becomes the next 20 posts, IT IS FREAKING ANNOYING.

Be nice in PMs. We believe that you all are the nicest people on the forum. You've proven repeatedly. It's becoming overkill and I'm developing a cavity.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

There's nothing wrong with some fluff! After all, we have a Fluff Zone, which wouldn't exist if we didn't like fluff just a little bit. I don't think Haight was saying we should never be fluffy- just to try and keep the fluff from taking over non-fluffy threads.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm genuinely sorry- I get a bit carried away at times- I'll try to reign it in better in the future. (great, now I feel terrible!)

Things like all of the drama that's been going on lately are exactly why I don't think that the reputation system is a good idea- just like anywhere else that people are rated against each other, fighting will ensue because people have different agendas. I love to send people positive messages, but all of this fighting over things is stressing me out WAY too much and I'd happily quit if I learned that I was part of the problem here.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I'm with Whatever on this. I've just been in a REALLY good mood lately and wanted to share it with everyone! It's been very fun. To be honest, I didn't even realize I was posting my fluff in this thread. I thought for a long time I was posting it in the Secrets thread.

Oh, pish posh, Whatever! You're not part of the problem.

The only problem I see with the feedback, which is distinguished from the reputations, is that some people want the anonymity kept, for fairness purposes. Whatever, I don't care which way that goes. Most people leave a little signature with their compliments, and if I ever receive criticism, onymous or anonymous, I can handle it.

I do think that the feedback system is little more than encouragement and back-rubbing among friends. But what's wrong with that? You can never get enough encouragement in life. It's not like one gets feedback only from one's "inner circle" or "clique buddies" either - one gets feedback from people one normally wouldn't hear from. I think the feedback system, even if it can't be separated from the rep system, should stay! It's pumped some warm lifeblood into this place. I think it's done a lot more good than harm. I like reading people's well thought-out opinions on the system anyway, even if people disagree with one another.

So, viva la system de le reputation et la complimentaire!