Great minds think alike

(Or is it simple minds?)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    But NT's can get in on the laughs too, just look at Aelan and Edahn...wow, I just realized those names sound like a cute couple.
    I just saw this and wish to say :

Meh. "Sound like" are the operative words. He's all Pink's.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, I've got all positive stuff and left all positive stuff except one negative that I'll happily stand by, and have left my name with every comment since aelan gave me the idea to do it, so I've no real vested interest personally in whatever happens to this thing.

But having seen the way athenian got so upset about it in chat last night, although I tend to sorta agree with the majority position that she's really overreacting and taking it all way too seriously, and sorta scared of something that's not really that bad and probably kinda getting a karma lesson well deserved... and everything... still, I can't help feeling sympathy for her because it is a bit of a welch on a deal to tell people things are anonymous and then suddenly reveal them.

And also, pathetic though I think it is (somewhat) for someone's life to be in such a state that events happening on a mere website full of people you never met in RL and can just walk away from w/o consequences, to be so important to you that you'd use phrases like 'destroying my life' about this sorta thing... all the same, there are gonna be people around here cos of the very nature of the whole internet/anonymous socializing phenomenon and the kinds of people it often attracts (amongst other kinds, granted)... there are inevitably bound to be some people who are very fragile and psychologically vulnerable. And yeah, I just wonder what the personal cost to these people is, of things like this.

I just sorta question whether it really is ethical or worth it for the entertainment value... to really upset these people, play with them so to speak, this way... I mean, casualties of war and all that, but I just don't see any need for it... we all have a great laugh and a good bit of schadenfreude at their expense... just seems a bit dishonorable and kinda unworthy of us, to me.

Even if it's just one person - just athenian - who gets really blown apart by all this, I still think the cost is too high for a bit of entertaining scandal. It was a great board before the rep thing came along and will be again if it's scrapped altogether. I don't see any need for it.

Dammit, who switched on my Feeling chip this morning???

*searches around for switch*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

You're getting me worried there! Come back to the dark side.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Just in testing, I mod with +3 points;
    How can I tell what my social manipulation factor is (I don't see any indicator for that in the CP)? I'm guessing you colluded with another member?

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    [By the way, don't everyone go bumping my score up on account of this, because how it is now is extremely realistic!!! Me, and many others who are less sociable/bantering/playful, don't really stick out. Or stick out in a very serious, uncool, don't-raise-our-score way. ]
    Out of curiosity, how many bump-ups did you get for that (besides mine)?
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

I just sorta question whether it really is ethical or worth it for the entertainment value... to really upset these people, play with them so to speak, this way... I mean, casualties of war and all that, but I just don't see any need for it... we all have a great laugh and a good bit of schadenfreude at their expense... just seems a bit dishonorable and kinda unworthy of us, to me.

Even if it's just one person - just athenian - who gets really blown apart by all this, I still think the cost is too high for a bit of entertaining scandal. It was a great board before the rep thing came along and will be again if it's scrapped altogether. I don't see any need for it.

I agree. Let me know if a cute little Santa smilie waving holly showed up in your rep section.

Like I already mentioned before, another site I go to disabled the negative reps, so you can only give a positive rep. This seems to have solved some problem they had before I got there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    This seems to have solved some problem they had before I got there.
    That's "Mom" is a universal title isn't it
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    That's "Mom" is a universal title isn't it
    may...be...?

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

still I stand by who I am and I am a giver... it's nice to receive but I will give no matter what.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm going to put my vote in that I think the system should go. I don't want this to be at anyone's expense. I'm not married to it (like I am to Cze Cze and Magic and WM, that is...)
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious